cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linksys WAG54G - ok with Plusnet?

N/A

I'm thinking of buying the Linksys WAG54G (this is the all-singing all-dancing gadget with switch, modem & wireless built in). Is anyone else using it on Plusnet? According to the features, it does run PPPoA, so should be suitable.
Thanks,
Matt
14 REPLIES
N/A

The Linksys unit will work fine with your
Plusnet connection as will most of the units
currently on sale in the UK.
Look at Netgears DG834G aswell, this will give you
a bit more range and also has a detachable antenna
which is useful should you want to upgrade in future.
Alec.
N/A

I've been using the WAG54G on my 1M ADSL connection for about a month now, got to say I am very happy with this product, using pretty much all of its features, firewall, WiFi, VPN.... Can't really complain at all for under £90!!
N/A

Thanks to Alec's posting, I eventually bought one of these from Ebuyer. Apart from a problem where I can't make it hand out DHCP to my wireless clients (which I'm sure is down to User Error), it's a great piece of kit, and has caused much drooling in the office amongst other similarly sad colleagues!
N/A

I also got mine from Ebuyer. It was not supplied with the latest firmware, which can be found here :-

http://www.linksys.com/international/firmware.asp?intfwid=26&coid=6

I found a few significant improvements in the latest release, if you are not already using it I would recommed upgrading. I am using DHCP on the wireless interface without a problem, so if you have any questions I'll see if I can help in any way.
N/A

I've been using the WAG54G on my 1M ADSL connection for about a month now, got to say I am very happy with this product, using pretty much all of its features, firewall, WiFi, VPN.... Can't really complain at all for under £90!!

Can you give me any info on how you implemented the VPN using this? I have three LANS in remote areas each with a WAG54G on PlusNet and would like to set up a VPN between them all.
Thanks in advance......
N/A

Can you give me any info on how you implemented the VPN using this? I have three LANS in remote areas each with a WAG54G on PlusNet and would like to set up a VPN between them all.
Thanks in advance......

I actually have the VPN set up between this device and a Draytek router, this router acts as a VPN server and the WAG54G as a client. If I remember correctly there is information in the manual for the WAG54G about how to set-up a peer-peer VPN between 2 of the devices.
N/A

...OK, I'll check it out. Thanks for the reply, much appreciated
N/A

check out usrobotics products, there more expensive but its worth it. they have better wireless security 2, wpa encryption vs wep on most netgear and linkysy, although they will prob get it as a firmwire upgrade soon, or some my alrdy have it

still usr is the best in my oponion and have 2 of their products on my network and both are gr8
N/A

The Linksys WAG54G has had WPA security for a long time, I've been running it for atleast 6 months.
N/A

Ditto Netgear.
N/A

last linksys tht came accross my path a month or 2 back didnt, cant rmember the model. Was setting it up for someone.
Gel
Pro
Fixes: 10

N/A

Binatone?

Horrendous.

Old story. You get what you pay for. (imho) Wink
N/A

i'll second tht