Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linksys WAG54G Router query

Gel
Pro
Fixes: 10

This works fine on cable connected Desktop but on company laptop that's connected either via ethernet cable port or wireless card, I have annoying problem.
I can receive e mails & attachments on laptop fine via webmail or the company installed/insisted on Lotus Notes e mail.
I can send e mails in both formats too; BUT
I cannot send an e mail /webmail with an attachment via laptop {IBM Thinkpad G40}? :?:

In Lotus Notes it tries to attach, then gives up and says "Server not responding"; in webmail I see the progress bar, as attachment uploaded but then it fails and I get failure screen.
Any ideas/clues valued; assume it is router controlled problem though as I say my own desktop doesnt have symptoms; possibly some conflict in laptop firewall/security setting. Cry
1 REPLY
chris2172

I have noticed lots of references to Linksys having timeout's whilst using wireles and would suggest getting the latest firmware from there site.

http://www.linksys.com/international/product.asp?coid=6&ipid=371

Also what level of security have you got on your Gateway?

I found that MAC Filtering is perfectly adequate for home networks all the security is overkill as well as a main contributor to lag

I hope the advice helps

Regards

Chris Wilmot