cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line unable to support 2000 products. Line .......eh ???

N/A

I got sick of waiting for my free upgrade to 2mb so i paid to get it done straight away only after waiting a week for the changeover i noticed this while browsing my closed tickets....
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Order rejected due to LINE UNABLE TO SUPPORT 2000 PRODUCTS. LINE LOSS (PRIORS3). Customer is already on the highest speed possible. Regrade fee has been refunded to the customer
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Does this mean im stuck forever on 1mb or whill i get the free upgrade when it becomes available ?

Would have preferred it if pn would inform me about this with an email instead of posting to a self closing ticket which i did not know existed.

[Moderator's note by Liam Martin (martinfamily): Edited all CAPS title.]
7 REPLIES
N/A

First off, the regrades system is automated, and as such, a computer generated the ticket in question.

It's more a case of logic, in that the system doesn't post to an existing ticket.

Based on the responce you have, it suggests that you line is not capable of faster speeds. This will be the case regardless of free or paid regrades, as the properties of the line would still read the same, if it was free or not.

However, you didn't state if you are on 512Kb or 1Mb.

Depending, you should in theory be able to get 1Mb, due to previous line requirments for 512Kb and 1Mb.

How long ago did you first get ADSL, on your current line?

Does your modem/router show line statistics at all. If so, what are they?
N/A

As stated...
"Does this mean im stuck forever on 1mb or whill i get the free upgrade when it becomes available ?"
im on 1mb ,have been since migrating from pipex in november 2004.
i use a mentor adsl usb modem,i dont think i can retreive line statistics,when i show my connection properties it reads 1.1mb.

This shows my local exchange...
http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange.php?ecode=NIWBY

http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/?exchange=Whiteabbey&exact=1084&plugin=upgrade

i dont understand the info contained in these links, am i due for upgrade in july or am i reading it wrong ?
Thanks.
N/A

Did you also move to 1Mb in November 2004, in adition to the migration?

If you where on 1Mb prior to September 2004, then you should in theory be able to support 2Mb.

However, moving to 1Mb after this time, may have only seen you on 1Mb due to BT extending the limits.

The line loss limits for 2Mb are more strict than they are for 1Mb.
N/A

I should have added that i was originally on 512 * with pipex and changed to 1meg after my migration was complete.
I take it then that the 2mb service is a non runner for me untill my exchange is updated ?
N/A

Unfortunatly not.

The upgrade program in place, is to upgrade customers to 2Mb that can support those speeds. It is nothing more than a free version of the paid regrade.

So if you fail to receive an upgrade when requestion one, you will almost certainly fail to get one for free.
N/A

Thanks for helping out with my queries,just one last thing, are the dslam upgrades put in place to enable higher speeds ,or to enable more users to use what is already there . i suppose i could switch to ntl, but i left them to go to pipex cos of their crap service and support.
Ah well... aint technology great when you are within reach of it.
N/A

The upgrades getting put in place are for a mixture of the two things.

1: To facilitate a faster BT netowkr for faster services when they become available.

2: To allow mass upgrades to take place, wihtout causing too much an an ipact on the already ballanced network (or supposed to be ballanced).