cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line drop outs

hillfort
Dabbler

Line drop outs

I ordered the self install PCI modem package, a week last Tuesday I think it was.

The line activation, ordering of the hardware and delivery proceeded very efficiently. Very impressed I was. However, I have a couple of problems.

Firstly the line seems to drop out occasionally fro no known reason. Not often, maybe once an hour or so. This is not a major problem but a bit perplexing.

Secondly, the line drops out whenever the phone is used for a voice call. This si very annoying.

Has anyone else experienced this?
3 REPLIES
Saturn
Grafter

RE: Line drop outs

> I ordered the self install PCI modem package, a week last Tuesday I think it was.
>
> The line activation, ordering of the hardware and delivery proceeded very efficiently. Very impressed I was. However, I have a couple of problems.
>
> Firstly the line seems to drop out occasionally fro no known reason. Not often, maybe once an hour or so. This is not a major problem but a bit perplexing.
>
> Secondly, the line drops out whenever the phone is used for a voice call. This si very annoying.
>
> Has anyone else experienced this?

Sounds to me that your filter is either fitted incorrectly or faulty.

N/A

> > I ordered the self install PCI modem package, a week last Tuesday I think it was.
> >
> > The line activation, ordering of the hardware and delivery proceeded very efficiently. Very impressed I was. However, I have a couple of problems.
> >
> > Firstly the line seems to drop out occasionally fro no known reason. Not often, maybe once an hour or so. This is not a major problem but a bit perplexing.
> >
> > Secondly, the line drops out whenever the phone is used for a voice call. This si very annoying.
> >
> > Has anyone else experienced this?
>

Yeah I had this for about 2 weeks the line would just drop for no reason, usually when there was noise on the line, it would aslo sometimes drop when I pick the phone up and put it down again.

But between drops my connection was great.

I raised a ticked with customer support who were very helpful who got me to try a number of things. Different splitters etc.
But one of them, from bt actually was to take the front cover off the first socket in the house, ie the main one. If you take out the 2 screws the front comes off and you will notice a phone socket in the bottom right corner. Plug your phone into that. It will bypass any internal extensions etc. If the problem still happens then its either a problem on your line, or software on ur computer causing a timeout.

BT eventually came out to me and tested the phone line and ADSL but aparently found no problems. Ever since BT came I have had no problems. strange that.

w2k

--
MICROSOFT = Most Intelligent Customers Realize Our Software Only Fools
Teenagers
N/A

Check all the time out settings in Windows especialy win xp they are somewhat hidden look under advanced properties for network connections I got Caught out with this one I think the default is 20 mins when you set up a new connection thats what it seemed to be on mine anyway

Cheers
Jim

> > > I ordered the self install PCI modem package, a week last Tuesday I think it was.
> > >
> > > The line activation, ordering of the hardware and delivery proceeded very efficiently. Very impressed I was. However, I have a couple of problems.
> > >
> > > Firstly the line seems to drop out occasionally fro no known reason. Not often, maybe once an hour or so. This is not a major problem but a bit perplexing.
> > >
> > > Secondly, the line drops out whenever the phone is used for a voice call. This si very annoying.
> > >
> > > Has anyone else experienced this?
> >
>
> Yeah I had this for about 2 weeks the line would just drop for no reason, usually when there was noise on the line, it would aslo sometimes drop when I pick the phone up and put it down again.
>
> But between drops my connection was great.
>
> I raised a ticked with customer support who were very helpful who got me to try a number of things. Different splitters etc.
> But one of them, from bt actually was to take the front cover off the first socket in the house, ie the main one. If you take out the 2 screws the front comes off and you will notice a phone socket in the bottom right corner. Plug your phone into that. It will bypass any internal extensions etc. If the problem still happens then its either a problem on your line, or software on ur computer causing a timeout.
>
> BT eventually came out to me and tested the phone line and ADSL but aparently found no problems. Ever since BT came I have had no problems. strange that.
>
> w2k
>
>
> --
> MICROSOFT = Most Intelligent Customers Realize Our Software Only Fools
> Teenagers
>