cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Upgrades?

N/A

Line Upgrades?

Hi

I heard that BT upgraded the lines from 512 to 1mb, for free. Does this apply to customers of BT broadband only or to everyone who has a BT phone line?
13 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Line Upgrades?

It is for customers of BT Retail ISP, it has nothing to do with having a BT phone line.

See http://www.adslguide.org.uk/newsarchive.asp?item=2087
N/A

Line Upgrades?

Plusnet are being disingenuous, they could upgrade us all to 2 meg for a fiver each. Most ISPs are absorbing this cost! No action from plusnet!!!

BT IPstream ADSL End User Speed Upgrade Programme
Between 28th January and 31st May 2005 inclusive, BT IPstream Customers will be eligible to elect to participate in the BT IPstream ADSL End User Speed Upgrade Programme. The Programme will run from 28th February 2005 until 31st August 2005.

Where a Customer requests to take part in the BT IPstream ADSL End User Speed Upgrade Programme, for each successful upgrade in End User speed carried out as part of the Programme, a £5.00 (Exc. VAT) will be made. This will be levied on completion of all the customer's upgrades.

From the start of the program speed re-grades will be performed on Customer selected IPstream domain names of Customer's ADSL end user access lines. All speed re-grades will be performed up to the maximum line speed available. Shockedops:
hal9000
Dabbler

speed

Indeed - plusnet have increased the capped service - you can now get 2MB for 14.99 if you only need 1GB, but for those of us who pay for the premier service all this time, we get no increase.

This kind of sucks...in fact I moved to plusnet from BT since plusnet were cheaper. But now you can get 1MB with BT for 26.99, but at plusnet this is still 29.99?

Come on plusnet or we will move back to BT!!
N/A

Line Upgrades?

Plus.net are not stupid i am sure some sort of price drop will happen.
N/A

Line Upgrades?

PlusNet need to get a move on. I moved to PlusNet about six months ago because they were very competitive. I can easily move again. Having moved BB providers twice in the past I know how easy it is and it doesn't put me off.

I hope the promised announcement comes this week otherwise it's time to go. It would be a shame cos they are the best ISP I have been with so far. But money is money at the end of the day.
N/A

Line Upgrades?

What about the 12 month contract? :roll:
N/A

Line Upgrades?

I'm on a monthly contract
N/A

Line Upgrades?

hehe fair do's then Tongue
LiamM
Grafter

Line Upgrades?

Plusnet are due to make an "exciting announcement" this week regarding pricing for Premier Customers (2Mb Lite Is Now £14.99) and it is expected this will include information about upgrades etc... also.

This announcement is expected sometime either Tomorrow or Wednesday as far as I believe. AFAIK, however, this has only been the suggested dates, it may well be slightly later than this.

In the past when things like this have happened and other ISPs start to make moves with their pricing / upgrades etc... my experience with Plusnet has been that they usually come back with something even more appealing / much better offers than other ISPs. They haven't yet failed me and always seem to amaze when it comes to fighting back at other ISPs pricing. Thats just in my experience though.

Hopefully the announcement this week will yield an appealing response from Plusnet.
N/A

Line Upgrades?

What he said above.

Ace
N/A

Line Upgrades?

I think other ISP's will want to know whats going on too Smiley
N/A

Line Upgrades?

Mine is also monthly contract but i am happy with these. I know they will do whats best
N/A

Line Upgrades?

As some others have pointed out Plusnet are not stupid give them time to work out
financially viable packages based on their new survey data.

I reckon they will come up with something pretty worthwhile they have done so in the past and are still the best isp around for tech support.

And please take note that BT halfed their bandwith cap, they may be twice as fast but whats the point if you can only download half as much!