cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Down problem WinXP on new PC

N/A

Been with Plusnet about a month now and not had a single problem (using a PCI modem with Win9Cool........until today. I got a new PC which has WinXP, I transferd the PCI Modem (Dynamode supplied by PlusNet), installed the Access Runner software and got an immediate connection. But.......when I rebooted got the message 'Line is down'. Tried everything I could think of but couldn't fix it.

Phoned the help desk who suggested trying the modem back in the old PC, and checking all the wires, did this and it works fine in the old PC.

So reinstalled in the new PC, reinstalled the software.......result same as before: worked initially but would not connect after a reboot.

Been through this twice now so any ideas ?

Thanks
:?:
5 REPLIES
N/A

Tried it in a different pci slot? and checked for updated drivers?
N/A

Tried a different slot ,but haven't tried updated drivers...will give it a go.

Thanks
N/A

Have updated drivers and that has sorted the problem of connection after reboot. ......................Thanks.

But now line ADSL connection keeps dropping out. The longest I have had a connection is about 40 mins. Once dropped then it reconnects within a minute or so. I then have to re-log on. I think there must be some conflict with XP as everthing worked fine on my old PC with Win98. (if i transfer the PCI Modem back to the old PC it does work OK)
N/A

Sorted

Finnaly sorted the problem.

Ditched the PCI Modem(supplied by Plusnet) and bought a zoom router connected to my network card and all problems solved. It also runs at the full connection speed.

Paul
N/A

I use to have and sometimes still have this problem what i do is boot pc up if it says line down shut pc down for about 20 secs then reboot, it normally works after that.