cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Down Message

LastRoMan
Grafter

Line Down Message

Right up to Saturday 10th everything had worked fine for a whole month since getting connected. I only once lost a connection too. I thought this ADSL wonderful, until...

I have been without ADSL since 11th of August. On the 12th I contacted PlusNet to help. I did as they asked and removed the software and re-booted the card. Still at that time the software Access Runner said Attempting to connect; now it just says Line down.

I completed a Fault Log for Rob Skelton who said it could take BT up to 4 days to sort it out - he suspected a sychronisation problem. Only the ISP has access to the BT ADSL contact in manchester i am told so can do nothing myself.

I just had an upgrade - when I switced on my PC - I still do not have ADSL. I posted a fault on the Contact Us form with full details of wehat had passed with Bob - who I was informed is sadly off sick. No contact from PlusNet.

Yesterday I posted a request for acknowledgemnt of my request - to date I have had no response.

I joined PlusNet rather than an ISP who waived the actuation fee because they LusNet seemed to be the best at fault response!

I am paying my monthly fee and having to use Dial Up and pay for that too. I am not a happy Bunny.

So I thought I might get some response by posting here.

Please talk to me PlusNet - are BT working on my problem or has it fallen into the proverbial black hole!

:confused:
9 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Line Down Message

I have the exact same problem m8. On Wednesday I was having randon connection problems (I was getting disconnected from my exchange and loosing sync) which was happening 15+ times a day. I was told by Plusnet to unhook th edeADLS device from the line, and leave it for 30 minutes.

When I came back to reboot the machine - I was unable to sync at all. I also have a pci card which uses the accessrunner software (this cannot be the problem tho as the sync troubles occured whne nothing had changed in my system) and all I get now is a "line Down" then "attempting to activate line" then "line Down" again. This repeats itself ad infinitum.

I phoned plusnet to let them know the problem, but I have been kept in the dark since. Ive kept the contact us ticket updated with line tests (Ive checked the ADSL line with 2 modems btw)but still no word from plusnet support.

And dial-up sucks.
LastRoMan
Grafter

> I have the exact same problem m8.
Hi Andrew,
Sorry to hear you are in the same sh.. (predicament).
There are probably more of us - what can we do to get action - any ideas?

They are now trying to tell me it is because I upgraded to XP and did use 'PPP over A' - which I had. The fault existed before I upgraded. Odd how they switched from BT's fault to mine.

Too much buck passing if you ask me.

Conrad
N/A

Well, it might help you to know that I did a clean re-install of Windows 2000 - No luck, then did another clean install of XP with no luck again.

I spoke to a friend of mine who works for BT vustomer services and he suspects that the line card in the exchange could be the source of my problesm due to the disconnections beforehand - perhaps the same can me said with your problems.

Its a pity that I (and perhaps you) have been kept totally in the dark - Im going to take my PC to a friends house and check my sysytem with his ADSL line - only then with this info might plusnet actually listen to me.

N/A

I think it may be the actual modem, and not plus.net this time. They have been having some problems, but now they aer up and running. I have a Connexant usb adsl modem running accessrunner dll software, and to my suspition, it may be the conexant chipset which may be to fault, i've heard alot of complaints to do with this chipset, such as the modem doesn't power up at all sometimes, to not being able to log in, getting errors 650 and lots of other errors. It might be better to get a completely different modem, as i am still having problems with this modem i have got at the minute.

When i started my comp up this morning, the modem didn't even power on, to solve this i simply unplugged it, restarted the computer, came back to it later and the fault went and it powered up again, which is very strange. So as soon as possible i am going to e-mail connexant with the problms i have been having, and see what they can do about it.

N/A

If you check my above posts, you can see that I have already tried another modem - the Zoom USB modem.

Also, why would the modem suddenly stop working - especially when there where no system changes or driver updates on my system - one day its working fine (for 2 months in fact) and the next it wont connect.
catshill
Grafter

>
> I just had an upgrade - when I switced on my PC - I still do not have ADSL. I posted a fault on the Contact Us form with full details of wehat had passed with Bob - who I was informed is sadly off sick. No contact from PlusNet.
>
> Yesterday I posted a request for acknowledgemnt of my request - to date I have had no response.
>

I'm a new customer and very pleased with the general service and support service. I notice the the customer support team always post a relpy to these threads, but not this oneHuhHuhHuh
Are you STILL without ADSL?
N/A

Well, I cant comment on seeros situation, but I can tell you that I am still without ADSL. I am expecting a BT Engineer to arrive today (if he does tho is another matter) so I am hoping for some sort of resolution.

LastRoMan
Grafter

Hi Guys, I seem to have started a good thread here.

Sorry to say I am still not connected - interesting following what others say. However in my case they did finally get the line up for a "single day" - but I still could not log into the portal - I was getting error 721 (XP probably) suggesting the usual unplug/replug reboot etc.

I contacted Plus Net yet again, but they did not say if they were still persuing it or not.

So I contacted Support under a different ticket and was informed that External Support does not work on weekends - I am not sure about all weekdays either bcs they have not come back to me Monday or Tuesday or Wednesday(today).

So what happened to 24/7 support promise? Of course they may be trying to move heaven and earth to find a solution for me - but I would not know because they don't seem to have time to tell me - just leave me stewing!

I also raised the thorny issue of paying for my Dial Up costs while I do not have ADSL - but they came up with the old chestnut - that ADSL is not a guaranteed service.

It afforded me no help in saying I had no access to the BT ADSL engineer and that I thought they had a repsonsibility to either provide the service I am paying for or make a refund.

They just told me I could upgrade to a guaranteed line - which of course I could not afford!

Fingers crossed there will be good news tomorrow,

Conrad (aka seero)Cry

N/A

> Hi Guys, I seem to have started a good thread here.
>
> Sorry to say I am still not connected - interesting following what others say. However in my case they did finally get the line up for a "single day" - but I still could not log into the portal - I was getting error 721 (XP probably) suggesting the usual unplug/replug reboot etc.
>
> I contacted Plus Net yet again, but they did not say if they were still persuing it or not.
>
> So I contacted Support under a different ticket and was informed that External Support does not work on weekends - I am not sure about all weekdays either bcs they have not come back to me Monday or Tuesday or Wednesday(today).
>
> So what happened to 24/7 support promise? Of course they may be trying to move heaven and earth to find a solution for me - but I would not know because they don't seem to have time to tell me - just leave me stewing!
>
> I also raised the thorny issue of paying for my Dial Up costs while I do not have ADSL - but they came up with the old chestnut - that ADSL is not a guaranteed service.
>
> It afforded me no help in saying I had no access to the BT ADSL engineer and that I thought they had a repsonsibility to either provide the service I am paying for or make a refund.
>
> They just told me I could upgrade to a guaranteed line - which of course I could not afford!
>
> Fingers crossed there will be good news tomorrow,
>
> Conrad (aka seero)Cry
>

>
Looks like I’ve joined your club.
Up until last Sunday I have had really good ADSL connection. On Sunday evening the line dropped and I have not been able to get past the Verifying stage since, I have never had any Sync problems and the USB modem still has solid green lights. A fault has been raised with BT apparently but interestingly my ticket has been updated to say that Plusnet are waiting for me to get back to them with the BT test results and that the ticket will auto close if I don’t. The point is that from the thread I read that as a customer I can’t contact BT directly (although it’s me who’s paying for the line) about ADSL faults but Plusnet expect me to tell them what BT have found. Very strange that don’t you think.