cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Checks

N/A

Line Checks

I have upgraded my account from Dial-Up (HomeHighway) to 1MB ADSL.

I'm currently waiting for broadband to be activated on my exchange (7th July, with any luck) and so the HomeHighway is coming out on the 1st July.

Now for my question.....

On the ADSL Tracker page it says 'We are performing initial checks on your line to confirm your local exchange can provide ADSL to your location. You should find out the results of our checks within 24 hours.'

I've been waiting for about a week so would I be right in assuming that this won't change until ADSL is actually operational on my exchange?

Cheers,

Mark.
6 REPLIES
N/A

Line Checks

To be honest, mine stayed on that box for about 3 days, so it might be worth raising a ticket and see what PN's response is.

Good Luck,

Aaron
Community Veteran

Line Checks

The ADSL tracker does not work when there is additional equipment involved - in your case ISDN.

PlusNet cannot put it your ADSL activation request until your local exchange goes live so your request will have been put on hold until further progress can be done. Check your contact us tickets as you may see a ticket about this. No progress can occur until at least 1st July when BT will remove your ISDN and test the line. If the line tests fail at that point then ADSL will not be possible and ISDN will be put back on.

Theres no point raising a ticket until nearer the activation time as PlusNet will just say they are waiting to submit your ADSL request, and this can't be until after your exchange goes live.
N/A

Line Checks

Thanks for you help. I kind of guessed that'd be the case. Only a month to go!
Ta.
Mark.
N/A

Line Checks

I went through a similar experience - having waited for years to get DSL I ordered as soon as my exchange activated. Then I had the long, long wait during which my progress report showed the same as yours.

You'll get there eventually!

Cheers

Chea
JOC
Dabbler

Line Checks

I've just gone through the Home Highway removal process.

It is a bit of a shock to have to return to analogue dial up in the intervening period between ISDN being disabled and ADSL being activated, so I would consider delaying your Home Highway removal until ADSL is enabled to mimimise this.
N/A

Line Checks

You need to remove ISDN before they can activate the line for ADSL, so while it's a pain going back to 56K. The longer you delay in removing the ISDN, the longer it may take to get activated.

I could be wrong on this, but hopefully I'm not. :shock: