cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Checking?

N/A

Line Checking?

MY new home acct `progress` reports problems with my line, it worked fine with BT broadband so what could be the problem?

[Moderator's note by James - (sallyandjames): Title changed from all caps as per link:rules]
6 REPLIES
philanty

Line Checking?

Maybe BT have left a tag on the line?
Liam
Grafter

Line Checking?

Are you still using Broadband with BT? If so, we will require a MAC key to enable us to migrate your service to us. If not, it is possible that they have left a 'tag' on your line.

BT Wholesale on 08001699576 should be able to tell you if this is the case.
N/A

Line Checking?

no I am not using BT anymore I have had the `service` exld. I will call them and ask for the line to be untagged if that is the problem.
shellsong
Grafter

Line Checking?

You would have done better to have obtained a MAC from BT rather than "cancelled" the service with them, if my assumption about the way you have chosen to migrate to PlusNet is correct, because it means a smoother, cheaper handover of broadband services!
philanty

Line Checking?

I too am having problems with the BT line being accessed by Plusnet. In my case the tag had been removed (I couldn`t get a MAC code cos my server V21 went down without providing any - they were in legal dispute with Net Services - nightmare!) but the problem was that the council had changed our postcode - BT postcodes were nearly two years out of date and would not allow Plusnet access to our line because Plusnet had up to date postcode that did not match BT - so we had to go back to BT and update their records before Plusnet could get access - now lost several days in the process!
N/A

Line Checking?

BT have stopped billing me but not taken the broadband off the line. Should I/can I get a MAC number (whatever that is?) or jus get th line `un-tagged`. It is a nightmare trying to communic8 with BT either way.