cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Activation

N/A

Line Activation

I ordered Home ADSL from Plusnet, on th 14th of July and was told Plusnet would contact me once Bt have activated the line. The 10 days passed, so I phoned customer support they told me there was a delay and I would have to wait.

Therefore I kept checking the progress on the tracker but still my Line was not active. I raised a ticket at the portal and Plusnet told me

"Your order has been cancelled by BT. Your line failed because of line noise the test indicated 60DB when the limit for ADSL is actually 55DB. You can contact BT and they can try improve this."

So I followed the advice and contacted BT they said my ISP should not have told me to contact them and instead the ISP should contact them.

Now here I am stuck in the middle helpless, and all I wanted was a standard ADSL connection Sad
1 REPLY
N/A

RE: Line Activation

> I ordered Home ADSL from Plusnet, on th 14th of July and was told Plusnet would contact me once Bt have activated the line. The 10 days passed, so I phoned customer support they told me there was a delay and I would have to wait.
>
> Therefore I kept checking the progress on the tracker but still my Line was not active. I raised a ticket at the portal and Plusnet told me
>
> "Your order has been cancelled by BT. Your line failed because of line noise the test indicated 60DB when the limit for ADSL is actually 55DB. You can contact BT and they can try improve this."
>
> So I followed the advice and contacted BT they said my ISP should not have told me to contact them and instead the ISP should contact them.
>
> Now here I am stuck in the middle helpless, and all I wanted was a standard ADSL connection Sad

Hi,

Essentially, your stuck. As stated, 55dB is the limit and you are well over this limit at 60dB. It's likely to be a costly affair to get this improved to any great extent. That said, line noise can vary with weather conditions by a few dB.

Improvements made by you are totally independent of us now. If you happen to get BT to resolve e.g a bad earth point on your line and this happens to improve your line noise, we'd happily process your ADSL order. Do you see where I'm coming from? Smiley

Regards, Torsten.

--
| Torsten Dettlaff...............Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support......................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd............@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----- +