cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Activation: How Long Did Yours Take?

N/A

Hi,
I've just signed up with plusnet and my line has been "being activated" for over 10 days now and I'm getting impatient :lol:

But this has got me thinking maybe it's 7-10 working days? In which case it may not be done until next week :roll:

How long did everyone else’s line take to be activated?

Thanks Smiley
23 REPLIES
hitachi
Grafter

Did you pay the intial fees by credit card or direct debit,d/d will double the time activation takes.
N/A

The Inital payment was by credit card about three weeks ago but BT wholesale didn't have my address/ postcode correct on their database which held things up for a while :roll:

The order tracker has been on the "Activating your line" stage for 10 days now. I just hope it changes today, life without BB at home is doing my head in (especially as I had Telewest's 10Mbit service at my old house) Wink
Redviper
Grafter

Hi

I placed my "House Move" Request on the 27/06/2006, and I have paid the admin charge.

However I am still waiting for my BB to be activated its taking far too long!

Ste
Quester
Grafter

My line has been active since the status got changed to "Activating your line" with
The activation process normally takes between 7 and 10 days until your line is activated. Your activation date
An engineer will activate your broadband on:

14th Jul 2006 - After 12pm

My line is on the adsl circuit but my login details haven't been sent through so I can't use my broadband yet, hope it's ready before the end of the month eh :roll:

Edit: Just to be 100% sure here, does anyone have a template of what the welcome email should look like, I got an email which started
Your username: {username}

Dear <My Name>,

I don't think it's meant to have {username} though, perhaps it's just the template system not working, well I don't know. Please PM me a reply if anyone can, as I don't wish to take over this thread, thanks.
N/A

Yes you have - you just dont know it...

When you created your login for the member centre etc, that's what also what you need for t'internet

ADSL Username = username@plusdsl.net
password = self explanatory
Quester
Grafter

I tried using it but it didn't work, I put it down to either my login details aren't on the server or as stated in the step by step guide
Step 8: Enter your broadband username (this is differen't to your account username) and password. Click dial.

i. You can find your actual broadband username and password on the activation email we've sent you.

So I thought it may be that. I think it's most likely that the login details aren't added yet, because I can use the BT test login to the BTw site ok.

Thanks

If a moderator feels this should be split into a new topic by all means do so please, sorry for the trouble.
N/A

I tried using it but it didn't work, I put it down to either my login details aren't on the server or as stated in the step by step guide
Step 8: Enter your broadband username (this is differen't to your account username) and password. Click dial.

i. You can find your actual broadband username and password on the activation email we've sent you.

So I thought it may be that. I think it's most likely that the login details aren't added yet, because I can use the BT test login to the BTw site ok.

Thanks

If a moderator feels this should be split into a new topic by all means do so please, sorry for the trouble.

If you look at the posts in the 'how do I contact PN' thread you will see I have the same problem, user name/password not activated by PN even though BT have activated BB on my line? Problem is there is no way of getting anyone to respond to you whatever method you choose?
N/A

PM one of the support guys, and ask them to get your account activated.

I had this as well - my ADSL was synching days before my "on date" and when i mentioned this to one of the mods, said mod pushed the process along and i was away
N/A

PM one of the support guys, and ask them to get your account activated.

I had this as well - my ADSL was synching days before my "on date" and when i mentioned this to one of the mods, said mod pushed the process along and i was away

How do you find out who to PM? I am still on hold an hour later on the phone, my two support tickets are still being ignored after 3 days, not sure how much longer I can put up with this TBH?
N/A

Just got answered and very helpful guy has 'activated' the account so will try when back at home to see if now working?
N/A

Yep all sorted and nice 3.7mb connection Cheesy
Redviper
Grafter

So can anyone tell me how i can get a reslotion to my non existant connection

My Activation was supposed to be put through on Wedensday - call me impatiant but i am paying for a service I am not recieving.

When I ask a question i dont get a suitable reply

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi

My Broadband at my new address was supposed to be activated on Wednesday and its still not active - I have now been without Broadband for about a week - please can you tell me when it is going to be activated as its vital for me to have my broadband connection activated - escpially when its supposed to be activated on Wednesday....., I insist that my Connection is activated as soon as possible as im paying for a service that i cant receive

BOT - DSL Provisioning 3:01pm, Saturday 8th July 2006
For us to move your ADSL service there will be an activation charge which is charged directly by BT.

The two options we offer are -

+ pay £52.88 upfront.

+ pay £5.88 and defer the rest of £47 over a 5 year period where by this amount is decreased by 20% for every full year that you stay with us.

Please get back to us asap and ensure that your card details are updated as we cannot take one off fee's from a direct debit.

We will also require the following (if not already provided) -

* Address

* New Telephone number

* When you wish the line to be moved (atleast 7 days required)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have fullfilled all the requirements - and my status is on "Activating your Line" which it has been for days - there is no supplied date or anything Cry
Quester
Grafter

After a call through to customer services and an hour later I got my account activated as bt had connected my line earlier than stated.

So I got my broadband within 8 days since signing up with direct debt (but it was a sunday). However the request was sent 4 (3 working) days later, my line was ready 5 (3 working days) later and one phone call later... success.

I hope you can have a similar experience.
Redviper
Grafter

Hi

Wich number are you dialing

if i call the standard support line (0845 140 0200) I get lost in the list of options and I have to leave a message

If i call The Premium Line (0906 709 0002) it just rings out.

as before i have submitted my questions and i just get a silly answer, all I want to do is get this resloved!!!!!! so i can use my Broadband