cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Life without Elacoyas

N/A

Life without Elacoyas

Just tried out my new ISPs performance on a torrent. This is on a maxDSL link, middle if the day, 350M torrent with plenty of seeds. Result :- average = 256KB/sec, peak = 604KB/sec.

I've never seen PN exceed 180KB/sec and, since the new management scheme was introduced, 120K was more like max.

So, it can be done. BT contention isn't the problem. You need to either nag PN until they relent/fix the problem or vote with your wallet like me and move.
5 REPLIES
N/A

Life without Elacoyas

Are you on a keep quiet clause with your new ISP? Let us know, man!
N/A

Life without Elacoyas

Well, providing the mods aren't going to get snippy about it.

I moved to HomeChoice. 60 video channels (inc VoD), 8M unlimited BB and all the off peak phone calls I can eat (to normal land lines at least) for £50/month including line rental.

So, knocking off the £30 I was paying NTL per month and the £11 BT wanted for line rental I make that £9/month for unlimited 8M BB. Bargain! Oh, and I get £20/month off for the first couple of months.
Community Veteran

Life without Elacoyas

Homechoice is only available on LLU not MaxDSL and they currently only supply to London
N/A

Life without Elacoyas

Homechoice is only available on LLU not MaxDSL and they currently only supply to London

That's somewhat debatable. As far as I can tell they're reselling BTw video/phone packages but install some of their own video kit in enabled exchanges. The ADSL is full bore ADSL1 aka maxDSL.

Coverage is indeed currently only London (plus Stevenage), with plans for a national roll-out.
N/A

Life without Elacoyas

You can tell it is LLU from the price, did not really need that to be explained, LLU providers can operate alot cheeper using their own stuff than other ISP's, especially with OfCom stopping BTw from reducing their prices to a competive level for now Sad