cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lets see if this gets an answer

N/A

I've just posted this reply to a long running question, if I get an answer I'll post it:

Having read the forums it would seem that you are floundering. I have also been watching news reports and talking to other people. It seems that those who can get a normal 4Mbps plus connection have no problems but those of us stuck with less than this have constant problems and not just with PlusNet. Can my connection problems be resolved or not? If the answer is no, is there any point in going to another ISP? I do not wish to move but a reliable internet connection is paramount.
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran

In short the answer is yes your connection can be fixed, wither moving to a new ISP would make any difference I very much doubt.

The problem lies not only with PN being slow to reply and action tickets but also with BTw being even slower responding to PN to get it fixed, if/when BTw get their fingers out and do some work then things should start to get better!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

The basic assumtion that anyone with a synch speed of less than 4k is having problems is incorrect.
Other than trying to get the max speed i can I have never had any problems achieving a stable rate well in excess of my previous 1Mb connection and I know of several users who also have had no problems.
The one thing which can cause problems for the lower speed lines going to MaxDSL is that external interference/filter problems can have a major impact.
N/A

Maybe it would help if PN came clean about the problems instead of all the bullsh*t. If the problems affect all ISPs why not say so. I have friends with PN getting 8Mb speeds who have no problems at all. BT have checked my line from the PC to the exchange and found no problem. At one point PN said the fault was at their end but later they asked me if I wanted the line testing (again) at a possible cost to me. I am still waiting for their response to my reply.
N/A

In short the answer is yes your connection can be fixed, wither moving to a new ISP would make any difference I very much doubt.

The problem lies not only with PN being slow to reply and action tickets but also with BTw being even slower responding to PN to get it fixed, if/when BTw get their fingers out and do some work then things should start to get better!

Sorry, but I disagree. I have just waited 12 days for PN to escalate my fault to BT but less than 18 hours after I was informed that the fault had been escalated, two OpenReach engineers turned up to investigate. The Senior Engineer informed me that the telegraph pole needs rewiring and the manhole at the bottom of pole is waterlogged.
shellsong
Grafter

Isn't that just typical! People around here have waited days, weeks (months even!) for a BT engineer to turn up then two turn up at once and sort a problem! :roll: :lol:
N/A

..but less than 18 hours after I was informed that the fault had been escalated, two OpenReach engineers turned up to investigate. The Senior Engineer informed me that the telegraph pole needs rewiring and the manhole at the bottom of pole is waterlogged.

:lol: Did they fix it then Smiley