cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Let's direct our energies to the compensation issue

PCSensei
Dabbler

Let's direct our energies to the compensation issue

I have suffered slow/dropped ADSL connections and periods of no connection. From my limited technical information the fault does seem to lie with BT. As several people have pointed out, our contract is with Plus Net and we can't contact BT direct on these issues. But we have paid in full for a service we haven't received. I have asked Plus Net several times whether their lawyers are seeking compensation from BT which can be passed on to the customers but received no reply. Surely this is where we should be directing our energies, getting Plus Net to put the legal boot into BT and get compensation for us.

I have just been through a comparable situation in the motor trade - I ordered a new car which was not delivered. I complained to my dealer, they took it up with the manufacturer, and obtained satisfactory compensation for me. For car read ADSL, for dealer read Plus Net, for manufacturer read BT - surely the same legal/customer service principles apply here?

If we all keep pressing Plus Net to take up this issue with BT perhaps they might steel themselves to get tough and get something for their customers.
7 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Let's direct our energies to the compensation issue

The trading standards for a normal business states basically that the contract between the consumer and the supplier has nothing to do with the contract with the contract between the supplier and manufacturer.
Our contracts are with PlusNet, having tried to get information of BT have also be reassured this.
We should not need to focus our energies in trying to get PlusNet to do anything, it is their job, they are paid to do this. It does not matter if PlusNet receive compensation or not, if it turns out that compensation is due to the customer in any way (for lack of any service or otherwise) then PLusNet legally have to compensate the consumer, regardless of whether or not BT compensate them.
N/A

I can just picture Nicky Campbell and the watchdog team getting their teeth stuck into BT and the whole internet scenario, especially with the Government so keen to get the whole country online as soon as possible.

We used to lead the world in technology......lets see if we can not only get the current telecomms infrastructure sorted out, but also make sure that there are plans for the future development too, without underestimating the needs for the whole country.

What do you think?

John
N/A

I dont think BT want to help plusnet to provide a decent level of service. In fact I think that hey have regular meeting in BT about how to "damage" companies such as plusnet (i.e. those companies that are selling identical services to BT for a far lower cost).

Maybe the only thing to do is get people like watchdog involved.

Many years ago I used to work for BT, and I can promise you that this kind of thing used to happen. Cant see any reason why, at least behind closed doors, this would have changed.

just my 2pence worth Smiley

JW

> I can just picture Nicky Campbell and the watchdog team getting their teeth stuck into BT and the whole internet scenario, especially with the Government so keen to get the whole country online as soon as possible.
>
> We used to lead the world in technology......lets see if we can not only get the current telecomms infrastructure sorted out, but also make sure that there are plans for the future development too, without underestimating the needs for the whole country.
>
> What do you think?
>
> John

N/A

Three months later and I'm still waiting for 28 days downtime compensation from Plus Net (they blame BT), do you think they will accept my 3 month late payment because I'm waiting for my work contract to be paid out? Whats good for the goose.......

> The trading standards for a normal business states basically that the contract between the consumer and the supplier has nothing to do with the contract with the contract between the supplier and manufacturer.
> Our contracts are with PlusNet, having tried to get information of BT have also be reassured this.
> We should not need to focus our energies in trying to get PlusNet to do anything, it is their job, they are paid to do this. It does not matter if PlusNet receive compensation or not, if it turns out that compensation is due to the customer in any way (for lack of any service or otherwise) then PLusNet legally have to compensate the consumer, regardless of whether or not BT compensate them.
>

N/A

> I have suffered slow/dropped ADSL connections and periods of no connection. From my limited technical information the fault does seem to lie with BT. As several people have pointed out, our contract is with Plus Net and we can't contact BT direct on these issues. But we have paid in full for a service we haven't received. I have asked Plus Net several times whether their lawyers are seeking compensation from BT which can be passed on to the customers but received no reply. Surely this is where we should be directing our energies, getting Plus Net to put the legal boot into BT and get compensation for us.
>
> I have just been through a comparable situation in the motor trade - I ordered a new car which was not delivered. I complained to my dealer, they took it up with the manufacturer, and obtained satisfactory compensation for me. For car read ADSL, for dealer read Plus Net, for manufacturer read BT - surely the same legal/customer service principles apply here?
>
> If we all keep pressing Plus Net to take up this issue with BT perhaps they might steel themselves to get tough and get something for their customers.

N/A

> I have suffered slow/dropped ADSL connections and periods of no connection. From my limited technical information the fault does seem to lie with BT. As several people have pointed out, our contract is with Plus Net and we can't contact BT direct on these issues. But we have paid in full for a service we haven't received. I have asked Plus Net several times whether their lawyers are seeking compensation from BT which can be passed on to the customers but received no reply. Surely this is where we should be directing our energies, getting Plus Net to put the legal boot into BT and get compensation for us.
>
> I have just been through a comparable situation in the motor trade - I ordered a new car which was not delivered. I complained to my dealer, they took it up with the manufacturer, and obtained satisfactory compensation for me. For car read ADSL, for dealer read Plus Net, for manufacturer read BT - surely the same legal/customer service principles apply here?
>
> If we all keep pressing Plus Net to take up this issue with BT perhaps they might steel themselves to get tough and get something for their customers.

I AGREE......
I have also suffered similar problems since I joined plusnet in April. They started off by telling me its my equipment not loaded properly, not set up properly etc etc. Eventually they arranged a bt engineer to come round and test the line. Guess what its fine, another snippit is that BT charge plusnet if they don't find a fault, thats why plusnet are reluctant to call out BT. Perhaps BT do have some problems but in my case I now believe that Plusnet have severe capacity or server problems they obviously don't want to share with their customers. Personnaly I think it is time the media was made aware and I shall make contact with consumer groups like Which and also the Daily Mail are quite interested in this kind of story. Clearly we are all paying for a service we are not getting.
N/A

There are too many issues to answer in one posting. If you have not done so already raise any issues you have via contact us or if you feel the need write in.

In regards to compensation each case is reviewed on its own merrit and is dealt with.

Kind regards

Kevin
--
--
| Kevin Revill ............... Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| PlusNet Customer Support .......... for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd. ....... @ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----