cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving Plus.net - Help regarding emails

N/A

I'm leaving Plus.net in 4 days time due to the deterioration of the service which they have been providing me for approx 2.5 years.

Obviously there will be emails being sent to my old address, will my email account stay active for a while or will it just cease?

Thanks
5 REPLIES
N/A

I dont know if they leave it going for a bit but as you have canceled your account you cant realistically expect them to keep your account active for free. I know some do I had a account with unet 4 years ago and its still active even though I dont pay.

So the advice is tell everyone in your email list your new email asap
shellsong
Grafter

Check with CS-- my understanding is you can have your account downgraded to a free PAYG dialup and retain your email account(s) as long as you access them at suitable intervals
sam
Grafter

Hi,

There is no problem keeping your email address with us once you leave, you will just need to have the account downgraded to a free pay as you go accountas opposed to cancellaing the account altogether.

The only thing we ask is that you collect the emails or log into the portal at least once every 90 days. You will probably need to change the outgoing mail server to the one used by your new ISP, but this is something you will need to check with them.

Good luck in the future.
N/A

Many thanks.
I have logged a call and had it returned with this...

Dear Mr XYZ,
This will be done automatically for you when you have migrated.
It will remain open for as long as it is used.

Regards,
Plus.net
sam
Grafter

Thats great then. I haven't worked on the cancellation/migration side of things for a while so I wasn't sure if the account would be cancelled or not.

As I said before, as long as you collect your email at least once every 90 days, the account will remain active.