cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LLU what is it whre can i get it ?

Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

I am having so many problems with MAxdsl that i noticed a post that mentions LLU but i cant see that on any of the upgrades please explain where i can get this as i dont think Maxdsl is the product suitable for me as my speeds are quite pathetic at the moment (sorry to all you educated out there who might think this is a stupid question but if you dont askthe question you will never know the answer)
Thanks
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Sorry, it is no longer available.

PlusNet had an agreement with Tiscali to supply 20,000 LLU connections some time ago and they moved 19,000 connections to it. PlusNet stopped the process late last year and no new LLU connections are being done and people can no longer move over to it.

Since BT took PlusNet over the likelyhood of this continuing is now zero - Would you connect your customers to a competitors network instead of your own?
Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

To be honest i didnt even know Plusnet had been taken over by BT
I may well not have taken out a recent upgrade if i had known should we not have been told we are now BT just with Plusnet name ?? I certainly have never been notified by PN of this fact.

So what you are saying is if i want a stable connection like LLU appears to be i will need to go to another service providor or suffer the problems i and several other users have with Maxdsl.
Community Veteran

If you have an unstable MAX connection it won't change with moving ISP as the line to the exchange (where the likely problems are) is owned and controlled by BT and your local wiring (another likely place for the problem) will be exactly the same.
Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

Yes but an LLU connection would not keep resyncing me at ridiculously low levels for several days.By the way i have changed all my wiring router cables filter and am using the main phone line for the only connection on it so altough a likely place for problems i hope i have eliminated them at my end.
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,

We told people about the takeover in the January newsletter, but PlusNet as a company has not changed, we operate independently from other BT companies.

In regards the stability of your line, we can raise a fault for you to see if there is a line problem, or if it is really severe could put you on a fixed rate connection? The maximum speed you would get in that case would be 2MB, but it may well drastically improve the stability.
James
Grafter

BT are planning on removing fixed rate broadband service, so in this instance I'd advise against doing something along these lines incase they insist on everyone moving across to Max. This is unlikely, but you can't be sure.

Your best bet is to go to http://faults.plus.net and raise a speed fault so that we can get BT to investigate your fault for you.