cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LLU to BT reversion question

N/A

Since being upgraded to LLU my connection has been down three times - the first for four days the second for one day and this last time continuously for the past 15 days.
Having raised this with help & support, I have been informed that it's being investigated.....

I have given notice to cancel my account and my prospective new ISP needs a MAC key to transfer the service. The new ISP doesn't support LLU so I need to revert my service from LLU to BT.

Plus.net state that a "LLU -> BT transfer would only be actioned if you'd previously opted out of the LLU upgrade scheme, or if a fault caused by the LLU transfer could not be solved.

As a fault investigation is still underway this is not an action that we can offer at this time."

At the rate that things progress at plus.net it is quite likely that the fault will not have been rectified by the time my notice period expires (5/9/06).

If the fault has not been sorted does anyone know how the LLU change can be 'undone' to allow me to join an ISP which doesn't support LLU migrations?

Thanks for any suggestions.
7 REPLIES
shellsong
Grafter

If you can't get PlusNet to do it properly it'll require a "cease and reprovide" which would cost a fresh activation fee normally
N/A

Thanks for your response shellsong - could you give me a bit more detail on 'cease and reprovide' and who do I contact in order to action this option?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

PlusNet certainly can transfer a connection back to IPStream from LLU, however since this costs them money I guess it would depend on the severity of the fault and what they class as severe enough such they would cover the cost for doing so. Whether your situation would apply is anyone's guess (though it sounds sufficient to me) ...?

For a cease and reprovide you'll need to contact PlusNet via a ticket and confirm you wish to have your ADSL service terminated and you'll have to give notice of 30 days. After that you'll have to sign up with a new ISP and wait for the line to be activated (can't remember the exact period but it is about 5-7 working days). So essentially your line will revert back to how it was pre-ADSL and then you'll apply elsewhere to have it activated again.

Of course for the courtesy of PlusNet cost-cutting and putting you on a less reliable connection with a limited migration path you'll then be subject to a new activation fee from your new ISP in the region of 50 odd quid. Some ISP's will cover the cost of this but they still get charged by BT, so there is usually some catch when you sign up (e.g. cancellation fee, 12 month minimum contract, etc).
N/A

Plusnet advised that they would email people about to be transferred, they would do this twice... and offer an opt out on one of these emails.. If they did not send you these emails... which appears to be the case in a lot of instances then demand they revert you to BT at their cost.
shellsong
Grafter

It could be argued as I do here that PlusNet have wrong-footed themselves by not ensuring that customers agreed the movement of their connection having been fully informed of the implications
N/A

First of all, thanks to all the people who responded to my post.
Yesterday (27.8.06) our connection functionned for the first time in more than three weeks. No reply to my open ticket to elucidate the nature of the fault but I don't care as long as the connection holds up.
My quoted speed is 160 Kbps (it was 7.4 Mbps prior to the fault I think).
Is it reasonable to assume that I'm still LLU'd rather than reverted to BT IPStream since PN have not commented on the repair?
Thanks again for your previous help and suggestions.
duane_dibley
Dabbler

I have also had problems since the LLU about two months ago. It was completely down for 4 days a couple of weeks a go and twice I have had a problem where every service works other than http and https :?: Has anyone else had just http and https fail?