Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LLU opt out & then back in....

rja66
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Having read about the many problems experienced with LLU i think i have decided to opt out. Before i do, can anyone tell me if you can opt in again later & if so if you have to pay to be transferred onto the Tiscali LLU if Plusnet have already transferred everyone at your exchange?
8 REPLIES
N/A

They have said in the past that there will be no opportunity to opt back in.
Now they are saying maybe and we'll probably charge you.
N/A

I've not opted out because of not being able to opt back in.
But if PlusNet guaranteed that if I was LLUd and I had worde figures than now, they wouldn't charge me, I'd opt out and wait for Tiscalli LLU to be sorted, or another supplier to be found.

As things stand, it's almost impossible to move back to IPStream if you can connect at 56 kb.. that is a connection so it must be a successful transfer.

Bulldog have operated on my exchange for some time, much better than moving as soon as an exchange is LLUd.
Alecto
Grafter

I can't see a ban on opting back in as being permanent.
Plusnet (for good reasons in many cases) have changed their mind more often than my cat has had fights, and I'd have no confidence at all that whatever they say about it now will remain fixed beyond the end of next week, let alone into next year.

I have opted out of LLU (though not yet had an acknowledgement, so may well be LLU'd before I know where I am) on the grounds that I've got a perfectly satisfactory 5Mb connection that gives me no problems. So I've a lot to lose, and I can't see anything to gain, by going LLU.

Unless it's just the Grass being Greener thing, I can't see why people on a good connection with less than 8Mb would want to change it. But then I may be wrong. I often am. :roll:
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

When I opted out a few months ago, the ticket response I got had words to the effect of "if you decide to opt back in again there may be a charge", but the description was a bit vague - didn't explicity mention if opt-in was possible or what the charge would be if it was.

My connection is fine at the moment, and personally after reading all of the horror stories on here I wouldn't want to touch LLU with a bargepole.
Merlin
Grafter

Regarding the earlier comment about Bulldog, they no longer provide retail dsl services, only wholesale. Earlier in the year when they were still selling consumer adsl they had a very poor press. Incidentally I have an idea that Plus's LLU provider, Tiscali also use some Bulldog wholesale services. Moral what goes round comes round.
N/A

If you wanted to opt back in.... on the basis that PN save money on LLU but do not pass this on surely they'd snatch your hand off!
N/A

As there is still no email mentioning the opt out (or any sign of of one on the horizon) despite their promises, it is my opinion that plusnet only used the 'you can't opt back in' in order to stop people opting out in the mistaken belief that they were being given a choice, thus maintaining their not so obvious stance of NOT giving customers the choice of submitting to their enforced LLU move.

You bet you'll be able to opt back in - they will make money.

Tried to give them chances to redeem themselves on this issue but we only get putoffs for answers while they gain more time to force their customers against their knowledge and for many against their wishes to Tiscali LLU.
rja66
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Thanks for the comments. I have now opted out on the basis that i very much wish to retain a fairly reliable internet connection & keep my options open should i wish to change my ISP in the future.