cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LLU migration

N/A

LLU migration

I am having a nightmare of a time migrating from plus.net. My new isp believe that the new line is up and running under their contol yet I'm still connected to plus.net and my new ISP details don't work. Do I have to do something else?
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran

LLU migration

When you migrate out, it is the new ISP that is responsible for getting the line sorted out, so you need to contact them. PN can do nothing as they are effectively no longer your ISP and have no involvement in the migration process other than being told by BTW that the migration has completed after the event.
N/A

LLU migration

But my new ISP are saying that it is impossible for me to be still connected to Plus.net...however I am because I'm posting this via plus.net's broadband service. I'm still paying Plus.net for the service, so how can they not be my ISP?
Community Veteran

LLU migration

Simple, because BT or the new ISP have messed up the migration and the new ISP has to sort it out as it is its responsibility (it requested the migration from BT Wholesale).

The fact that after the new ISP has said you have migrated, you can only connect to PlusNet is not PlusNets problem, it is BT/The new ISPs problem to solve, and if they are blaming PN then they have no idea what is involved in a migration.

You may well still be paying PN because PN have not yet been told and then confirmed you have migrated out so as far as they are concerned, nothing has changed.
N/A

LLU migration

Sorry I'm probably being daft but surely I haven't migrated if I'm still with plus.net? Surely migration means moving the line to the new ISP and that hasn't happened.
Community Veteran

LLU migration

Yes but you did say in your first post 'My new isp believe that the new line is up and running under their contol' which suggests to me the new ISP has requested the migration and believes it is complete.

If the new ISP believes the migration is complete but you are still connected to PN then clearly the migration has not completed and something has gone wrong.

I say again, the migration is not PNs responsibility. You need to contact your new ISP and get them to sort it out.
N/A

LLU migration

dude, petervaughn sounds like a PN plant on the forums mate.
Get on the phone and shout at someone till something gets done. Thats if you can bear being in a telephone que for the standard minimum PooNet waiting time of around 30mins.

why-o-why didn't I opt out of LLUHuh??
i knew it all along - shouldn't have been tempted......
can't get out now......
Community Veteran

LLU migration

You clearly have no idea who I am. If you did, you would never have made that post.

I suggest you do some research before you go making false accusations like that.

You also clearly have no understanding of how migrations work as PN have no responsibility once a MAC code is given to another ISP.
N/A

LLU migration

Right so it is defo the new isp's fault - they are blaming everyone but themselves, I keep saying the migration has not been done correctly but they won't listen and have told me to contact Plus.net.

I could ask the new ISP to cease the migration but that is likely to have an impact on my current plus.net connection, isn't it?