Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LLU incompatiable with NETGEAR router!

N/A

Following on from the 'No ADSL connection' thread;
http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=45537
Plusnet claim the problem is fixed and
"We have been monitoring overnight and so far have seen no further instances of customers unable to connect."

WELL YOU AIN'T BEEN WATCHING ME!

Hadn't had a connection for 36 hours, finally tried using the USB modem (which is entirely useless for use on the whole network) and that works. But nothing on it doesn't work on my Netgear 834G wireless router.

I'd think this was me, but CS have told me of other Netgear Router users who have the same problem.

This mysterious post is unclear as to the routers they refer to are customers or theirs.
http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=45602

So, is anyone else on LLU having no connection over their netgear router. If yes, or no, please post your router and firmware details.

Mine - Netgear 834G, firmware 3.01.25 and .29 tried - and failed.
7 REPLIES
N/A

Working fine here - DG834G - using f/w versions 3.01.25, 3.01.29 and 3.01.31

I will try getting on different gateways later on, but can't say I've ever had an issue.
N/A

hi gotdsl

Are you on tiscali LLU?
N/A

not this particular account but I manage several other plusnet connections that are on the Tiscali LLU platform using the same netgear model.
Community Veteran

LLU and DG834 with firmware 3.1.025 with no problems.

Try re-entering your login/password and check you have VC-MUX set (not LLC). If you have not rebooted your router recently try that as well.

I had another user who could not connect with the DG834 after PN fixed their problems and re-entering the login details and checking the other ADSL settings were correct, he was able to authenticate with PN.

What do the router logs say?
N/A

scpatrick

It's odd that your USB modem worked, my speedtouch USB modem has been flashing for about 23 days... so finaly bought a netgear gt router over the weekend but the USB wireless adapter wasn't compatible with my os.
Ordered a ethernet card to link the router and pc to the internet.

While I wait for the card to arrive, all the router lights are ok.

tvr64
N/A

Working here ok on Netgear 834G and has been for ages!!! Not sure what firmware is inplace, suggest you try rebooting router from the diagnostic screen in the router.
N/A

I haven't been able to synch since I was LLU'd 3 weeks ago and I have a Netgear DG834 which has been working for 6 months prior to the LLU upgrade.
I purchased a DG834G last week (thinking that the problem could have been with my router) but couldn't get synch with this either.
Maybe I should have tried a non-Netgear router.
I supplied Plusnet with details of my router during the Broadband fault checker process but they didn't spot any problems.