Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LLU and unable to connect

starfry
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Hi, I help a friend who is non techincal with his plusnet connection. As of 2 weeks ago (end of may) he hs been unable to connect. I have rasied a ticket with PlusNet and still don't have a resolution. However it would seem that a likely cause is that he has been moved onto LLU (a ticket response said this). I don't want this to happen to me, so...

Questions I have
how do I check if my local loop is BT or find out what it is ?

how can I ensure my connection is not changed ?

why would I want to change if my connection is working fine ?

why would I not want to change ? I have heard about it being a "one way street" and once unbundled it is hard to change ISP ?

how does this affect voice ?

Thanks,
3 REPLIES
N/A

In answer to 'how to check if you are on LLU', run the BT speed tester. It won't work if you're not on a BT product.

For the rest, I can't answer as I have no experience with LLU.

Sorry.
Sad
N/A

Plusnet said they would notify if the exchange was going to be subject to a change to LLU and also give seven days notice before your line was subject to this change.

So far they have not adhered to this.

If you decide at a later date that you no longer wish to remain with plusnet then in order to leave you have to have a full cease and reprovide. This will probably cost you in the region of £60 to £70 and may also mean some loss of service while it's sorted out.

Not sure about the 7 days notice either as you must give them 14 days notice to leave. Pretty shoddy treatment of customers. I guess that they are hoping this will put pressure on users to remain with their service.

Dave
Community Veteran

You need to make sure that you modem or router is using the folowing:

PPPoA
VC not the other option of LLC
VPI 0
VCI 38

It might be worth searching for these in the forums or changing them in your router/modem settings to see if it helps.

Try here http://usergroup.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,2052.0.html

Let us know how you get on.

Also take look at usergroup.plus.net for advice.

A