Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LLU Switch over

the_norris
Grafter

LLU Switch over

Hi

What time is the switch done to LLU if you got the e-mail (or not has in a few cases)?

I got a e-mail saying the switch is on the 27-06-2006. Not a lot happen yet - any way to test?

Phil
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran

LLU Switch over

It can happen at any time.

I never got the email, was told in a ticket (actually about a maxdsl fault) I would be moved on 29th, I actually got moved yesterday (26th). Line dropped at 09:19, restored at 10:14.

2 things you can do:

1) Run the BT speed test. If it works you are still on IPstream, if not you are probably on LLU although the test does failon IPstream sometimes.

2) Watch your sync speeds (up and down) to see if they change. The only clue I had that I had been moved to LLU was my upload sync speed changed from 432Kbs to 608Kbs.
N/A

LLU Switch over

morrisinc

Do you mind me asking when you received the email.
Interested in how much notice you received.

Thanks
Dave
Community Veteran

LLU Switch over

It should be sent at least 7 days prior to you being moved over, however as the order for LLU is send 2 to 3 weeks before the move I'm not sure you could actually opt-out of the move if you wanted to with only 7 days to go. So sending the email out does not give you enough time to opt-out which is plain silly.
N/A

LLU Switch over

Thanks Peter,

Mand did say in a previous post she would come back with an answer regarding how much notice.
So the notice issue is a complete red herring.
I guess I have to decide whether to opt out when(if) I receive notice that my exchange is going to be subjected to LLU and not wait for the 7 day notice. I wonder if these exchange notices are actually being sent?

This really is like wading through mud trying to get straight answers from plusnet. It's not what they say it's what they leave out.
Community Veteran

LLU Switch over

I know for a fact the emails are not being set. I did not get one.
N/A

LLU Switch over

Slits wrists in frustration.

CS

Once again what is your policy now regarding notification?