Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LLU Migration

Griffo
Grafter

LLU Migration

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has migrated from another ISP with LLU to PlusNet? I'm trying to persuade my girlfriend to switch from Orange/Wanadoo LLU, to head over to PlusNet.

Couple of things I want to check. I think the biggest thing holding her back, is that will there be any major downtime, IE days?

Also, just a general wondering, would the connection remain on LLU at the exchange or be reverted back to IPStream Max? Exchange is: MYHBK (Horton Bank) if that makes any difference.

Cheers Smiley
7 REPLIES
Community Veteran

LLU Migration

I'm unsure of the downtime on the migration but given the fact that PN will change incoming migrating LLU connections to IPStream Max, it will be longer than a normal Max migration.

The reason you don't stay on LLU is:

1) Your exchange may not have Tiscali LLU equipment in it.
2) PN stopped moving people to LLU some time ago and I suspect BT don't want that happening now as well.
Griffo
Grafter

LLU Migration

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the reply. Smiley

I'm not that bothered what platform the connection would be on, just want to get the connection sorted. It's the time between changing providers I'm wanting to know more about. From the time I request MAC from Orange to switching to PN.

Cheers.
chrisc
Grafter

LLU Migration

@thegriffman2004,

Normally it takes around 7 days or so from when you give us the MAC code. Your connection with Orange will continue for this period and you should only actually experience a few minutes downtime when the actual takeover goes through.
Community Veteran

LLU Migration

Is that actually true with an LLU -> BT Max migration as I thought there would be some exchange rewiring/re-jumpering to be done to move from LLU to BT which takes more than a few minutes?
Griffo
Grafter

LLU Migration

@ccotterill

Thanks for the reply. That's great. I was dubious of the fact it might give me something like 7 days offline that was all. Will there being any rewiring involved as Peter says?

Cheers. Smiley
chrisc
Grafter

LLU Migration

The process is slightly different to that of a normal migration as you need to be moved onto the MaxDSL platform.

The downtime experienced may be slightly longer than on a normal migration but should certainly be less than an hour or so. Cheesy
Griffo
Grafter

LLU Migration

That's excellent Smiley Will see if I can twist her arm to switch over Wink

Thanks.