cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LINUX and Alcatel PCI modem

N/A

LINUX and Alcatel PCI modem

Im running a dual boot Win2k / RedHat Linux 7.3 machine with an internal alcatel SpeedTouch ADSL modem.

Is there any (easy to install) linux drivers for this hardware? And a HowTo?

I can find stuff for the USB model, and I'm assuming they are basically the same piece of kit apart from the interface... but I'm prolly wrong.

Any help/advice much appreciated
2 REPLIES
N/A

RE: LINUX and Alcatel PCI modem

> Im running a dual boot Win2k / RedHat Linux 7.3 machine with an internal alcatel SpeedTouch ADSL modem.
>
> Is there any (easy to install) linux drivers for this hardware? And a HowTo?
>
> I can find stuff for the USB model, and I'm assuming they are basically the same piece of kit apart from the interface... but I'm prolly wrong.
>
>
> Any help/advice much appreciated

Just a comment - sorry short on advice.

I totally gave up on my internal ADSL modem with Linux, even though my Conexant (spit! spit! - wash my mouth out) kit is widely supplied, finding a suitable driver for linux was hard work.

I have switched to a router/modem now, at least that doesn't care what the OS is as long as the packets received are TCP/IP.

Sorry this may not be a welcome answer but it fixes most of this kind of problems now and in the future. A bonus is that it also includes a real hardware firewall and makes connection sharing much more secure too.

Regards

Tim
N/A

RE: LINUX and Alcatel PCI modem

> > Im running a dual boot Win2k / RedHat Linux 7.3 machine with an internal alcatel SpeedTouch ADSL modem.
> >
> > Is there any (easy to install) linux drivers for this hardware? And a HowTo?
> >
> > I can find stuff for the USB model, and I'm assuming they are basically the same piece of kit apart from the interface... but I'm prolly wrong.
> >
> >
> > Any help/advice much appreciated
>
> Just a comment - sorry short on advice.
>
> I totally gave up on my internal ADSL modem with Linux, even though my Conexant (spit! spit! - wash my mouth out) kit is widely supplied, finding a suitable driver for linux was hard work.
>
> I have switched to a router/modem now, at least that doesn't care what the OS is as long as the packets received are TCP/IP.
>
> Sorry this may not be a welcome answer but it fixes most of this kind of problems now and in the future. A bonus is that it also includes a real hardware firewall and makes connection sharing much more secure too.
>
> Regards
>
> Tim

Cheers for the reply!