cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LCP Down???

N/A

LCP Down???

I'm using my new Netgear DG384G router to access PlusNet's broadband service.

Occasionally I have to disconnect the net connection as I haven't sorted out a wall socket in the computer room yet and a huge extention cable going up the stairs 24/7 isn't really safe.

The problem I'm having is once I reconnect the net connection, the green WAN led goes green to indicate a connection, but the net just doesn't work. I'm having to go into the router's access page and reconnect manually. The logs say something about the LCP being down. Then once I reconnect it the LCP get initialised and everything is fine.

As you can no doubt tell, I'm a network newbie, anyone got any idea why this is doing this?
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

LCP Down???

sounds like auto reconnect isn't set, no idea of the option you need as I don't have that router. But it should be in the Wan settings
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
Community Veteran

LCP Down???

You sure about the netgear router modelHuh never heard of a 384G.

Did you mean DG834G 54Mbit wireless router?

What firmware are you running?

Have you tried the latest firmware version from netgear web site?

Cheers

Peter Cool
N/A

LCP Down???

Yeah sorry thats the one, the 834G. I've definitely got it set to auto connect, it just simply refuses to do so. I've just got the firmware that came with the router, not sure if there has been any updates for it, but I'll check.
N/A

LCP Down???

Checked netgear. There's no firmware upgrades yet. I've tried a factory reset and just configured it again. Hopefully that should fix it.