cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kick Starting 2mb Service Order

N/A

Kick Starting 2mb Service Order

Certain others namely N***** are taking orders from today for their new 2mb product.

By chance couldn't you guys start off the ordering process sooner than the 1st of May ?

In this way it will stop others going across to your competitors..

People who want 2mb are an impatiant lot.
For me it it would be such a comforting thought to now that the ordering process is progressing rather than being on hold until the 1st of May which is more than 2 weeks away.

By the way,

I won't be moving because I really like what you have to offer, especially the support etc.
4 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Kick Starting 2mb Service Order

> Certain others namely N***** are taking orders from today for their new 2mb product.
>
> By chance couldn't you guys start off the ordering process sooner than the 1st of May ?
>
> In this way it will stop others going across to your competitors..
>
> People who want 2mb are an impatiant lot.
> For me it it would be such a comforting thought to now that the ordering process is progressing rather than being on hold until the 1st of May which is more than 2 weeks away.
>
> By the way,
>
>
> I won't be moving because I really like what you have to offer, especially the support etc.
>

Hi,

I am pretty sure that No ISP who is offering IPStream based 2MB conenctions will be placing their orders at the new prices before Midnight on 1st May. I would imagine that no ISP would be able to swallow the extra 50% they would have to pay to BT for the first month if they were doing this.

Are you sure that you arn't looking at Datastream based ISPs, which have been accepting orders for sometime (Although a few have suspended their offerings due to problems with the Datastream product)?

I know your impatient (I understand why!), however unless you want to pay the first month at the current price of £110+VAT there is nothing we can do to speed this up.

With Regards,

Ian Wild
PlusNet Customer Support
N/A

You are probably right on this one..
N***** service is 50:1 contended and possibly
like IC they are offering the datastream version (hence 50:1 contention)plusnet is offering the IPStream 20:1...

N*** have possibly been trialing their own version of datastream and are now willing to offer it for order from tonight.

The one curious point is that in the N*** press release, it says that the 2mb product is available from all exchanges immediatly (that Is a puzzle) ??

Quote from N*** :

'Available from today, the full services share the same 256k upload speed of Nildram's popular entry level services, but with impressive 1Mbps and 2Mbps download speeds...'

"These new services are available on all BT ADSL enabled exchanges, subject to line test...'

N/A

> The one curious point is that in the N*** press release, it says that the 2mb product is available from all exchanges immediatly (that Is a puzzle) ??

Hi,

It isn't that curious. Datastream has been available for a long time, and the suppliers Nildram are using have a backhaul network in place that reaches every ADSL enabled exchange. There are some issues with exchange virtual pathing and pipe requirements thereof on the Regional Datastream product, but this is only going to hit home once they have a significant amount of customers.

Regards,

Ian Wild
PlusNet Customer Support
N/A

In other words, there could really be problems for their product in the near future, eg speed issues etc...

Thanks for the info Ian...

I think that I will stick it out with your 'proper' 20:1 contended office based 2mb service which has been well tried and tested since adsl first came out in this country.

Again, thanks for the head up.