cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep lossing internet connection

N/A

I have been having a repeating problem for over a month now where my adsl internet connection will not connect.

When I raise a job ticket with plusnet they normally fix the problem within 2-3 days but then within a week the connection is down again and I have to go through the whole process again.

Getting totaly feed up with it now as whenever I actually need to use the internet the connection is down and i have to resort to a dial up connection while i'm paying for a broadband connection that I can't use Cry.

Wondering if anyone else is getting the same problems?
6 REPLIES
N/A

Re: Keep lossing internet connection

See various topics on the forum, and post your disconnection details here...
http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=48803
ady
Grafter

well if your using the standard, voyager 105 modem

open it up, press status i think

then press ctrl + f1

this will bring you up a box with more data init
>> click the top one, and post your SNR and attenuation

a low SNR will get your frequent disconnects, and also check if interleaving is turned on etc, that helps (3rd tab i think next to latency )
N/A

As I understand it this isn't the same problem as the people getting repeated disconnections as they can connect again strait away, when I lose the connection I cant get get connected again until support do something to fix it. Haven't been able to connect since Monday now.

Using a linksys WAG354G router to connect which we use at work for about 40 people connecting from home without problems so i don't think the problems there.

Been waiting over 38 hours since the last support call and still no response!
N/A

Same problems here. Varied and numerous disconnections every single day. Service has become a joke!
Liam
Grafter

@ theflux : I can see that this is now with BT for you and you've had a reply this morning.

Many Thanks for your patience.
Liam
Grafter

@writeontheedge - I've replied to your two open tickets. To raise a speed fault - you'll need to visit the Broadband Faults Checker at http://faults.plus.net.