cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep losing my connection

N/A

I have been with Plusnet for a while now and never had the need to keep conecting to my Broadband at my previous address.

I am now having to connect every time I turn my PC on and sometime 2 0r 3 times while surfing!

I have checked my royter ( BT Voyager 2100) and the setting are set to autoconnect.

Any ideas?

I am also getting varying speeds from 1/2 mb to 1.5 mb!

I am now wishing I had moved ISP's when I moved and not been so loyale!
13 REPLIES
flicker
Grafter

Join the club. Nearly everyone on this bit of the forum has similar problems.
N/A

Glad to hear it is not just me (well I am not but you know what I mean!)

I have been going mad to sort it.

Why are Plusnet having problems sorting it out. It has been going on for ages now!
jrgrahamcov
Grafter

"Join the club. Nearly everyone on this bit of the forum has similar problems."

My connection is fine and stable and only drops if I turn my router off. I would log a call with Plusnet and get them to look into it. It could be any number of problems from BT line problems up to you being on too fast a connection speed for your line.
N/A

Me as well. I have been with Plusnet since the start of broadband and their connectivity has always been pretty good, however, over the last couple of months, it seems that when I close my browser, that's it for the day.

I urgently need to connect to my work on a Saturday evening but no chance. Of course I have gone through all of the checks each time to ensure that it isn't a problem at this end. I am getting really p****d off!
flicker
Grafter

"

My connection is fine and stable and only drops if I turn my router off. I would log a call with Plusnet and get them to look into it. It could be any number of problems from BT line problems up to you being on too fast a connection speed for your line"

Well aren't you the lucky one. Smiley

My line is capable of up to 8MB, but I haven't bothered to ask for the upgrade due to the problems I have read about from other people on this forum. I live 50 metres from my exchange. I have a brand new telephone line which was put in two years ago. I am currently on up to 2MB. My broadband connection is currently dropping every time somebody rings my landline, whether I answer the call or not, or if I make a call on my landline, and the ADSL green light on my router goes from steady to flashing.

PlusNet are looking into it thanks. Smiley
shellsong
Grafter

If making sure that only high quality filters have been used on all telephony equipment has been tried and has failed and router/modem changing has been tried I would have thought the problem is quite likely down to a high resistance fault on the BT line being triggered by the bell current
N/A

ive had problems with my broadband i surf for 10 mins and then it disconnects me ive since raising the fault with plusnet some 6 months ago have now been told by bt its a fault with the broadband equipment underground from exchange to my home had to put up with it all that time paying broadband and getting basically a dial up service, waiting now for a repair hopefully!!!!
N/A

I also have the same problem for a bout a year now. I have tried plusnet's fault checker and i think half the time they have no idea what they are doing so i decided to get a PROPER technician who said that during peak times any when many are using broadband companies like plusnet cant deal with the large numbers of people so some people are cut off....so he recommended switching so now im moving to sky broadband and ill let you guys know how it turns out.
N/A

I have exactly the same issue, my router says it is connected but the connection has dropped to a snails pace, if I disconnect the phone line and reconnect or bounce the router my speeds shoot up to between 5 and 6 meg. It usually stays connected for between 12 and 24 hours sometimes more and sometimes less. This is ever since I was maxed, when I was on a 2meg contract connection was rock solid but I have lived with this issue because my connection speeds are very good.
N/A

I have lost my connection for the last 3 months. And plusnet are the most useless!

Up to now, they have not yet found the problem - they have always blamed BT and my equipment, but never plusnet. Even after a full testing of my line by BT, plusnet claim issues persist with my line!

Over 3 months of total plusnet inefficiency, I have learned that they make false claim after false claim.

They regularly close questions when they have not resolved the issues in order to keep their statistics good!
N/A

Oh what I wouldn't give to have broadband dropping out repeatedly!! :roll:

Have been without ANY broadband for 7 (yes "SEVEN") weeks!!

Is this a record... I ask?

I too have also experienced perfectly good questions being closed and previous completed tests being repeated ad nauseum.

I have been with PlusNet for many years and previously praised service but currently it is a positive shambles with a combination of newly recruited staff and the distinct feeling that they are "groping-in-the-dark"!

:?: SO IS SEVEN WEEKS A RECORD or can anyone "improve" on that??

Should I give up, change providers and seek some compensation?

What do you think?
Community Veteran

I have lost my connection for the last 3 months. And plusnet are the most useless!

Up to now, they have not yet found the problem - they have always blamed BT and my equipment, but never plusnet. Even after a full testing of my line by BT, plusnet claim issues persist with my line!

Over 3 months of total plusnet inefficiency, I have learned that they make false claim after false claim.

They regularly close questions when they have not resolved the issues in order to keep their statistics good!

Chesnais,

I'm not sure why you continue to post in the style you do, which amounts to nothing more than unconstructive posting, bordering on trolling in the forum.

There is not a problem that can't be fixed, *if* you work in a logical manner.

Lets start from scratch in a new thread, which I propose you start, in a civilised manner, and lets see if between us (I mean the community) we can find a solution to your problem.

So.. take a deep breath, count to 10 and tell us from the start what has happened, starting 3 months ago.

It would be also useful to tell us, what product you are signed up for, what modem or router you are using, whether you are plugged into an extension (Hard wired or extension reel) and what steps you have taken so far to prove the wiring and hardware isn't faulty.

Can you also post your ticket number in the thread so that *maybe* someone from Comms gets a nudge Wink

Kind regards,

Roger.
Community Veteran

Re: Keep losing my connection

I have been with Plusnet for a while now and never had the need to keep conecting to my Broadband at my previous address.

Can you tell us when you moved house? was it recently? and was it subject to a simulaneous cease and re-provide?

Can you also tell us what product you have been provisioned with too.

I am now having to connect every time I turn my PC on and sometime 2 or 3 times while surfing!

I have checked my router (BT Voyager 2100) and the setting are set to autoconnect.

I am also getting varying speeds from 1/2 mb to 1.5 mb!

Are you able to post some stats from your router please?
We might be able to see what is going on, in particular with your SNR and dB attenuation.

Again, as I have just asked chesnais, can you tell us if you're connected into a extension, hard wired or extension reel, if you have a sky box, basically anything else that is plugged into your phone line.

If you have been provisioned with IPStream Max, it might be that you're still in the training period, or that the delta reports are not being sent back to Plusnet by BT which might be partly to blame in this instance.

Kind regards,

Roger.