cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep getting disconnected

N/A

Keep getting disconnected

Hi, I have recently signed up for home install adsl but am having problems with staying online. I have windows 2000 and am using a samsung AHT-E310 USB modem. I have followed the setup which states to connect by double click a samsung icon on the desktop and fill in my username/password. Once connected (which I can do no problems) I should be able to load up explorer browse the web etc, however explorer loads up the dial up connections window once it is launched. In order to get on the net I have to dial up again (whilst still connected on the samsung software) through dial up connection software, this allows me to get on the web but only for a short period before it disconnects. The connection that I connect through dial up connections is a samsung connection that was automatically created on install, it will not connect unless the samsung software is run beofre hand. I think I am probably connecting twice and hence being disconnected but can't figure out how to make explorer realise there is already a connection to the web available. Any ideas? I can stay online no problems providing I don't load any new pages as this prompts explorer to redial. Thanks in advance anyway.
2 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Keep getting disconnected

IE can be a pain select tools/ Internet options/ conection and set the options there. I find ticking dont dial normaly works best. With this you have to dial manualy but at least your in control.

Unless you real need anoth dialup conection delete them all. From the same menu you can run the setup and set some options that way. You should have IE set never to dial and see if that solves it. Sometime things like outlook try and dial as well.

> Hi, I have recently signed up for home install adsl but am having problems with staying online. I have windows 2000 and am using a samsung AHT-E310 USB modem. I have followed the setup which states to connect by double click a samsung icon on the desktop and fill in my username/password. Once connected (which I can do no problems) I should be able to load up explorer browse the web etc, however explorer loads up the dial up connections window once it is launched. In order to get on the net I have to dial up again (whilst still connected on the samsung software) through dial up connection software, this allows me to get on the web but only for a short period before it disconnects. The connection that I connect through dial up connections is a samsung connection that was automatically created on install, it will not connect unless the samsung software is run beofre hand. I think I am probably connecting twice and hence being disconnected but can't figure out how to make explorer realise there is already a connection to the web available. Any ideas? I can stay online no problems providing I don't load any new pages as this prompts explorer to redial. Thanks in advance anyway.

N/A

RE: Keep getting disconnected

Thx for the info, as it turned out IE was confused as I still had a modem in my computer, removing it sorted most of my problems out. I am however now getting kicked off when I load programs like Direct connect which is a peer 2 peer program (www.neo-modus.com is its home). I get disconnected almost instantly when I try to connect to one of the hubs, i am paying 22.99 a month as I understand the home surf package at 20.99 a month doesn't support peer 2 peer, so why am i getting disconnected? Any help appreciated.