cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kazaa, and disconnection

N/A

Kazaa, and disconnection

Just A Quick Question, can we use Kazaa while using plusnet`s broadband, or are they killing peoples connection when we start it up?
just i keep losing my connection alot, it seems to happen either when i am downloading alot of stuff, or connecting to kazaa ( yes it doesnt even connect all the way) sometimes im just browsing and it dies.
what could this be?
cheers for any help
marc Smiley
13 REPLIES
N/A

Kazaa, and disconnection

This depends on the package you bought from PlusNet when you signed up. The ADSL Home Surf package at £18.99 per month does not allow peer-2-peer networking facilities such as Kazaa, whilst the ADSL Home package at £21.99 per month does.

Read the faq relating to Home Surf at http://www.plus.net/info2/whatisadsl/adsl_faq3.html#not

If you have Home Surf and you want to use peer-2-peer networking services, then you will need to upgrade your package by forking out an additional £3.00 per month. If you already have Home (the £21.99 package) and peer-2-peer networking is not working, then that is a separate issue. It works fine on my machine .
N/A

Kazaa, and disconnection

ok cheers but yeh im paying 21.99 a month ( or atleast thats why my statement says Tongue, hmm i had some trouble with not paying in the first week, i called +net and they said they would re-instate my account , maybe the guy re-instaed me onto the wrong type of account ( which would be quite annoying ) hmm ... well now i know the policy, ill be onto +net if it goes on. cheers anyway Cheesy
Community Veteran

Kazaa, and disconnection

Their account reactivation process doesn't work that way so it is very unlikely that you are on the wrong account type.
Probably another problem somewhere along the line.

Chris
N/A

Kazaa, and disconnection

Hi Marc,

I've had a look at your account and all seems in order (including your IP, which is in the correct range for p2p applications).
Is this related to your other general problem with disconnections mentioned here: http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8280&start=30 ?
N/A

Kazaa, and disconnection

yea it is, but sadly i dont have another OS, i did try what was suggested but to no avail. any ideas, also i get this error from time to time,
"Tapisrv has caused an error in RPCRT4.DLL"
"Tapisrv will now close."
any ideas what that could be, and if its causing problems.
cheers
marc
N/A

Kazaa, and disconnection

TAPI, is the "Telecomunications APplication Interface".

It is a standard set of commands programs use to gain access to modems. TAPI will talk to modem or device drivers from this point.

If you are receiving a TAPI error, it means it is likely a driver issue.
N/A

drivers

ive re-installed all the modem and telephony and DUN etc, drivers im still egtting this problem, ive uninstalled most of my software including kazaa and im still getting dissconnected when im surfing or chatting, ive run as many virus/spyware and adware checks as i can and none of these have found a thing. i fear i might have to re-install windows Sad any ideas how do get round this cos i dont have any means of backing up my huuuuuge collection of mp3`s.
Also any known problems with motherboards and teh dynamode A360 modem noted ??
running win ME.
cheers
marc
Community Veteran

Re: drivers

any ideas how do get round this cos i dont have any means of backing up my huuuuuge collection of mp3`s.

Mark

One option open to you would be to get a copy of "Partition Magic" and use this to create another partition on your hard drive.
You can then move all your mp3 collection into this and have no worries then about formating drive c: and doing a clean install.
N/A

Kazaa, and disconnection

I have problems with my A360 modem, but mine resets the computer. Maybe its the same with your computer, only yours disconnects? What motherboard do you have? What chipset do you have?
N/A

Kazaa, and disconnection

If you are seeing system resets, this may not be because of your USB modem, but due to somthing else being aggrivated by the modem.

If you are running XP, you can try diabling "auto-reset on error"

1: Goto "Control panel"

2: Open "System"

3: Click the "Advanced" tab

4: Under the "Startup and Recovery" section, click "Settings"

5: Untick the "Automaticaly restart" setting, but keep all other at default

6: Ok this window, and the system window. The restart if needed.

Windows will show you a message rather than reboot next time
N/A

Kazaa, and disconnection

Marc

I seem to get the same problem sometimes, espesh when using kazaa

i get the message, cannot find server and it doesnt matter which web page i go to its almost as if my connection has frozen

my only way out so far has been to reboot the computer and start from scratch, not exactly satisfactory i know, but.........

then i installed spybot and ran that, had 114 pieces of spyware on my pc Evil !!!! even with a firewall and virus protection. :twisted:

I have got rid of those offending files and my system does seem more stable at the moment

hope this helps

cheers

Adamski
N/A

Kazaa, and disconnection

alternatively you could also do what i am doing more at the moment and using a bit torrent client such as

www.bytemonsoon.com or

www.digital-update.com

both tops sites with loads of d/l available Cheesy

cheers

Adamski
N/A

Kazaa, and disconnection

woohooo, gotcha and my router is great, now im connected and i have been for the last 90 mins - lognest ive ever been connected to +net. yay. cheers guys