cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just wondering

N/A

Just wondering

Hi

With the Solwise SAR130 router,what would be the effects of of going to "services/NAT" and under NAT global info setting it to disable?

The reason being I am trying to track down the reason why my iChat won't send video tp my sisters AOL IM 5.5

Not sure if that will solve the puzzle,but want to make sure I am not going to get into difficulties before I set it to "disable"

Thanks

Ian & Linda Jordan
3 REPLIES
N/A

Just wondering

You just nee to forward the ports needed to the pc and it should work. No nat is not the answer
N/A

Just wondering

You just need to forward the ports needed to the pc and it should work.

I was afraid you were going to say that :-) But have located some instuctions;can someone though put my mind at ease and tell me that it is normal for a Solwise SAR130 to seems to take forever to reboot? I think i must have looked at "the system is rebooting;please wait a while" for about 15-20 minutes this morning when I tried port forwarding

Sorry about the rather basic type of question but this is the first hic-cup that the router as had since I've had it,and the instruction manual may as well be written in ancient Sanscrit for all the sense it makes to me :-( plus they are aimed more towards Windows user.

Thanks for the help

Ian & Linda Jordan
N/A

Just wondering

Have you receintly upgraded the firmware on the router at all?

Failure of reset to factory defaults after a upgrade produces symptoms like configuration errors and slow reboots.