cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just want to confirm somthing

N/A

Jus got an email saying i am downloading too much. This is cause i have a home network at home and lots of people are using the pcs all day. I just want to know what are the caps for this service. Also i would like to know since when have plus.net been a capped service
11 REPLIES
Community Veteran

The Sustainable Usage Policy was introduced on 15th Sept 2005 but was applied retrospectively to include what you downloaded in the previous 3 months.
Community Veteran

It's known as the Sustainable Usage Policy and details can be found here
N/A

So basically i can download 30 gig on peak and 100 gig off peak each month. Did not realise there was a cap. Cheers for the info
N/A

Just a thought. The business broadband products. Do these have restrictionsHuh?
Community Veteran

SUP, no, traffic shaping, yes but 'very little' according to PN.

All products are still covered by the acceptable usage policy which means they will still warn people if their downloads exceed what PN deem to be excessive, regadless of what product you are on and your usage still can't be detrimental to other users..

A business product is not a solution to by-pass the limits if that was what you were hoping.
N/A

Having also recieved the email, i've agreed to keep under the limits, but the guy from plus net on the phone told me there was ways I could upgrade my account to have higher download limits.
I've been browsing the website now for the last 30 mins and I can't find anywhere any info on what product I could possibly upgrade to to increase these limits. In fact nowhere on the selling part of the site are any limits mentioned at all as far as I can see.
I for one was unaware that I had to stick to a limit, and was under the impression that overuse at peak times would be taken care of by this traffic shaping malarkey. So to come out with all guns firing against a user who was blissfully unawares of the sustainable use policy or whatever its called is grossly unfair. A polite reminder in the first month and a clear statement of limits when you take the service would be the ethical business practice in this case.
I understand plus net are a business, but confusion as to what the actual rules are and what you are actually paying for is can only create problems with customers. I've introduced 2 others to the service, which we all find to be outstanding... but please, more clarity plusnet!!
Community Veteran

See the SUP link I posted earlier.

The broadband premier upto 4Mb (£29.99/mo) and broadband premier upto 8Mb (£39.99/mo) have a higher allowance than your current product. They were the products CS were on about but the product descriptions make no mention of the SUP limits, hence why you could ot spot them.
N/A

or you could move to any other providor that gives connections at the some cost but has no limits, I'm sure ADSLguide.co.uk can help you out in that respect.
N/A

Personally i dont wanna move isp. This isp is great and never had any problems with them. I am a bit annoyed with the fact there is a cap now. But thats life. Just hope my family can cut down the excessive downloading and using for a few months.
N/A

should you really have to for the money your paying is the real question?

it's a bit like having two car dealers next to each other, both selling the same car for the same price, but one only letting you drive 50 miles a week before they start looking annoyed at you and making you drive less.

do you see my point here?
N/A

It's more like having two competing car rental companies. The more you use a rental car the more it costs the company, so you end up with mileage limits.

Sure, if you can find a better deal then go for it. But check you are getting the same car first.