cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just signed up...

N/A

Just signed up...

Just a quick post to say Hi and to say that I've just signed up for the self intall adsl home option. Does anyone else have this option that could offer any advice/opinions or just say Hi to a newbie?

OK, so that post makes me sound daft....I'm excited OK?! Tongue
10 REPLIES
N/A

Just signed up...

I'm on the ADSL Home Self-Install. What do you need help with? Smiley
N/A

Just signed up...

Just wanting to know what you think of it really...oooh, and how long did it take to get everything checked and activated etc?
N/A

Just signed up...

had mine about 6 weeks now ,now probs at all really ,had to contact support when installing but that was because im not as pc literrate as others .get great speeds never dropping below 570 kbps,really happy in other words,tok about 8 days from start to finish to get connected,neway good luck with yours ,cya
N/A

Just signed up...

Have you thought about which sort of ADSL equipment you're going to use? There are several articles in the Tutorials and FAQs forum which might help you in the run-up to your line being activated: Choosing your ADSL Equipment, Before your ADSL is Activated and Wiring and Filters.
N/A

Just signed up...

Yeah, I've got it all sorted. I've bought my own router and installed it and been to my student house and wired it up (with the boyfriends help!) I'm pretty much sorted other than the line being activated for adsl.

The house appears to have been wired up before, so I'm pretty sure the line should be activated OK...I'll let you know if I've spoken too soon Smiley.
N/A

Just signed up...

If I remember correctly, mine took about 6 days. And that was around Christmas time Smiley

To check your order at the PlusNet side of things, you can use the PlusNet ADSL Tracker which shows a few steps, or for more detail you can use the BT Line Tracker (though to be honest, it's quite difficult to make sense of any information it shows, it's all in "BT code" Smiley)
N/A

Just signed up...

Louis,

I've just got my BB this week. The 7-10 days activation time was in fact 7 days, all was pain free and I'm now having great speeds and good surfing.

Any questions I've had have been answered in a very short space of time. Customer Service and Technical Suport are superb.

Cass aka witty
N/A

Just signed up...

So I take it the preliminary checks done by plusnet don't take more than a couple of days then? Smiley.

I'm hoping to have it all sorted by the time I move into the house on the 28th Smiley.

Louise Smiley
N/A

Just signed up...

If everything goes to plan you probably will, but their might be complications, or plusnet and BT might have a lot of activations to get through.
N/A

Just signed up...

OK, thanks for that Smiley. I'm prepared to wait Smiley I know that there is potential for complications....just hope its nothing too major!