cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just signed up for broadband - coupla questions

N/A

Do I still get to use my dial-up in the mean time?

And do I keep my domain name from the dial-up account?
4 REPLIES
N/A

1: Yes. If you are on a connect package, then you will have access until the day +Net confirm your line is activated.

Once this is done, you will not be able to access using the connect packages numbers. You can however, still us 0845 local-rate dial-up. Take a note of the number, so that you can get access on the day of activation, should you need to raise a issue, or obtain details.

2: Yes. However, contact +Net, to find out if this can be included as one of your £1 domains (provided you have a package that allows it).
N/A

1st of all thanks for the VERY prompt reply - very impressive (its early Sunday morning - I wasnt expecting a reply till 2moro!)

Good to hear I'll still have the internet till my line is active.

As for the domain name - i got something thru from Nominet stating I owned the domain name for 2 years. I take it this is still valid?
N/A

Yes, this is perfectly valid.

However, how you are charged for the domain by +Net may well change.

Nominet are the people rsponsible for the top level managment of the UK domains. These are the people that say if a domain is for sale or not.

You will still be classed as the owner of the domain, however, being the owner does not allways means it is active.

As noted, contact +Net, and find out how the domain is now paid for.

In most cases, you can shift it over to be used as your "£1 a month extra" for the domain.
N/A

I think you will find that the £1 (plus VAT) per month option for the domain, only covers new domains registered via +Net. It sounds as if the domain is already registered. If this is true, bi-annual renewal can still be done via +Net (which is cheaper than going to Nominet direct) - details on on the domain section of the portal.
I fell into the trap of existing domain and £1 option, so I know this.