cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just been upgraded adslmax?????????

N/A

Smiley Hi i was upgrade 2 days ago as i was sent an email. I tested my adsl speed at different times of the day but it is only 1.8mbs same as my old connection 2mbs. I know it takes 10 days to get avarage speed but it should go up and down. Its as if they have sent me an email and thats all. I even did a adsl exchange checker on phone number which said i can get 2.5mbs and over on adslmax Please Help Cry
9 REPLIES
shellsong
Grafter

Just because you've had an email doesn't mean you're upgraded yet! Do you know what your router/modem stats are and can you post them? The important information is up and downstream synch rate, attenuation and SNR (or Margin)
N/A

thanks for reply Cheesy i dont know how to get all the info from my router :? . But my route says im connected at Data Rate Down/Up 4096Kb/448Kb :?:
Alecto
Grafter

Yes, those figures mean you are on Max, but it takes up to a couple of weeks for the exchange to sort out a stable rate for you and tell plusnet about it. You will need to be patient.
Bookmark this page which shows your Stable Rate - i.e. the figure given to Plusnet by BT above which you cannot go. It usually takes three days or so to update for the first time, but could be up to a fortnight.

Keep looking at the stable rate, and when it increases, so should your speed.
N/A

cheers thanks for info :lol:
ronnieuk
Dabbler

Re Just been Upgraded

Hi I was upgraded last Thursday and have had few disconnection which I was told would happen over ten days anyway my speed is 5mb it do go up and down but I can always get online with PN Afer I'm disconnected. I've downloaded 700mb files without getting cut off so I'm happy enough but feel sorry for members that have not Been so lucky.
N/A

I know Plusnet advises customers that after the 'up to 8meg' regrade has been activated there are expected to be 'instability and speed issues'. I thought I would explain that once I connect, the broadband connection (via USB ADSL modem - Fujitsu FDX-310) hangs and does not work after only 5 mins tops. Each time I cannot just disconnect the connection (icon in task tray) because that also hangs and then the whole system grinds to a halt and nothing works at all - so I have to literally swtich my computer off.

Does anyone else have a similar issue and does anyone know whether this is supposed to occur because it seems rather odd to me - my connection was only regraded towards to end of this week.

Cheers.
N/A

It's always best to use a router and not a USB modem on Max.
To me it seems as though your modem, and your computer, which is used to drive a USB modem, can't take it. You could try uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers.. is there any firmware or driver upgrade?
It may be that your modem can't handle Max speeds. I don't know it, but many can't.
I used to use a Binatone 500 USB modem, and it did work on Max, but when I swapped to a router my speed increased, my line attenuation re[orted decreased, my computer wasn't so inclined to hang, and my connection became far more stable. Three days after I bought the router my stable rate increaded by 500 MB.

So I would advise you to get a modem/router. Can you borrow one to try? If not, some shops have a return policy, even PlusNet shop will take anything back within 7 days, and ebay have some very cheap routers on offer, mostly ex-free ISP offers. If you buy one of those, make sure it's not tied to another ISP. Most are either ex-AOL or ex-BT.
ronnieuk
Dabbler

I use a Thomson 330 speedtouch ADSL Modem can connect no problem can also disconnect from task bar. like I said earlier I'm one of the lucky ones I waited 6 months for upgrade but was worth it.
N/A

I have a belkin modem/router (f5d7632-4) which has the latest drivers/bios but makes no difference i have done another speed test and its now at 1.9mbs WOW Wink thats an increase of 0.1mbs :roll: But i think i will wait untill the 10 days is up and see what happens then plus im only a 1.5 miles away from exchange so must get better than this