cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just after Midnight my Internet connection drops!!

N/A

Just after Midnight for the last two night (7th Jan and 8 Jan 06) my internet connection has dropped. The light on the router are still on but I cannot connect to any websites.

If this is also happening for you at about the same time or if you can shed any light on why it is happening please post a comment as I would like to know how many people this is affecting.

Regards

David
2 REPLIES
N/A

Snap, I've been having this problem on or off for about 2 months and it's always the same. Just after midnight my connection drops for a few minutes then re-connects and it keeps doing this for about an hour.
While this isn't a huge problem (but still annoying) when surfing the net it's absolutely frustrating when I'm playing on Xbox Live as I'm disconnected from any games that i may be playing.

I have tried to raise this issue with Plus (who haven't been that much help at all to be honest) but all i got back was their tests proved to be inconclusive and that i would have to pay out for BT to test the line.

At least i feel slightly justified now that someone else (unfortunately) is experiencing the same problem.
N/A

I had a similar problem a few months back - it only happened a few times though and hasn't since but I thought nothing off it.

Oddly enough, the line would stay sync'd and the PPP session would stay up. But whatever I had going (eg, MSN, telnet, SSH) would disconnect at 12AM on the dot and reconnect a few seconds later.

Very odd indeed :!: