cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just 7 days left to convince +Net (or ADSL) is worth paying

N/A

Just 7 days left to convince +Net (or ADSL) is worth paying

Thank goodness I'm on a monthly contract since last April which will run out the end of this month if I like to cancel after 8x£22.99 paid months of usage plus £70.50 activation.

Unless you give me a good reason to keep this ADSL ***** that:- works Smiley not works Sad works Smiley not works Cry then i'll have no choice but to switch to NTL Cable.

At least switching to NTL's 600K service is as simple as paying a slightly more worth it £24.99 per month subscription with NO extra installation or hardware costs (current offer until December).

ULTIMATUM (defintion from dictionary.com)
- A final statement of terms made by one party to another.
- A statement, especially in diplomatic negotiations, that expresses or implies the threat of serious penalties if the terms are not accepted.

Here's my ultimatum:
I will cancel and switch to NTL and you'll be losing a customer if there are anymore service outages in the next week (or 2 possibly).
9 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Just 7 days left to convince +Net (or ADSL) is worth pay

> Here's my ultimatum:
> I will cancel and switch to NTL and you'll be losing a customer if there are anymore service outages in the next week (or 2 possibly).

You may as well switch to NTL tomorrow.

N/A

I have my primary sources (e.g. 2 friends of mine of have NTL cable 128K and 600K respectively) that inform me that they've never experience ANY downtime with Cable, as simple as that.

In fact, NTL may cut you off if you stop paying your subscription but then that's expected unlike these random +net outages.

Whether it's +NET or ADSL in general THIS SUMS UP WHAT REALLY GETS ON MY NERVES:
It's one thing to have "planned maintenence" carried out when people are asleep for minimal disruption and it's another thing to have "DSL Outage" when most people will expect a normal up and running service. I.e service is unreliable period!
jlpappin
Grafter

I want cable and live in London. How do I check if I can get it?
N/A

> I want cable and live in London. How do I check if I can get it?

Try here:

http://sales.ntl.com/index.jsp?cust=ntlhome_intbroadband

The only trouble with moving ISP for me is that I find it's like "moving house", i've already become too settled with +net with my email account and web space usage that i should move elsewhere and update dead links.
jlpappin
Grafter

Just sent them off a nice email asking a few details I need sorted. One thing I will miss if I change is you helpful people in the forums.
N/A

In adversity people tend to club together ...
jlpappin
Grafter

Does that mean you think we ought to wait out till PlusNet sort it out? One glance at a post where the dude said it was 5 months of problems was enough for me to start looking elsewhere because I sure won't hang about for 5 months waiting for a decent connections whilst paying for a service I am not receiving.
N/A

Nooooooooooooooo....!!!!!!!

NTL have the WORST reputation of them all!! HONEST!!

You'll be sorry!!!!!!!!!
N/A

Attn. SnowyC

You should consider getting your own domain with a third party provider to provide web and email forwarding which means you can move isp without changing your addys.
It makes life a whole lot easier and its cheap about £12 for 2 years.

Check out www.simply.com, there are loads of others just do a search on google, this is the one i used. Just get the basic package.

Can move isp whenever i like if i hadnt gone for the +Net annual contract so im here till april.

Ali