cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just 2 simple questions...!

N/A

I just upgraded to Plusnet 4MB in anticipation of when my line gets upgraded. I am currently paying £21.99 a month on the 2MB Premier package. It is my understanding that I won't be charged £29.99 until the 4MB speed goes live on my line? Is this correct?

Secondly, will my existing Alcatel Speedtouch USB modem cope adequately with the higher speed or should I upgrade?

Many thanks! :roll:
5 REPLIES
N/A

no you will be charged 29.99 from now on. but you get higher SUP traffic limits and higher amounts of usenet /p2p/ftp usage in there.

You maybe shoulda waited a month or 2 before upgrading until the 4mbit product is ACTUALLY availible.

Unless its a really acient modem, it should be fine up to 8mbit line stats permitting
N/A

Thanks. That's a bit cr@p to be fair... Why is this not explained when I was making the change? So, I'm paying for a product that I cannot physically get...?

Surely it is natural to assume that I wouldn't be charged for the new product until it actually becomes available?Huh
N/A

Jolly good. It let me change back to 2MB Premier at £21.99 a month and with no additional or regrading fee.

I'm sure it'll f*** up at some point down the line. Will have to wait and see...

What a cr@p way of rolling out a new product.

Playstation 3 hasn't been finished yet - but tell you what, give me £45 a month until they release it.... and then pay the RRP like everyone else... Crazy fools.
N/A

*remembers saying something about bandwith limits*
*remembers the package saying "Up to 4mbit" *

Meaning if u need extra usage u can use the account with a 1mbit line,
N/A

I have no idea of what you're on about... Something to do with bandwidth allowances and constraints? I have 2MB - I'm happy with that, and when 4MB becomes available - I'll pay for it and use it...? Job done. However sarcasm still remains the lowest form of wit. :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the advice on the modem. Comforting to know I don't have to upgrade for a bloody change. Cheesy