cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ive found my MAJOR problem Reguarding HTTP Freeze

N/A

I have recently upgraded to the 2 meg package from plusnet Smiley and i am very very happen with the download speeds i have been getting....thanks plusnet

anyways this was my problem when i had the 512k,,,
i kept getting HTTP web page freeze,,,,email work,file shareing programs work, just http froze i had to wait 2-3 miniutes each time for the page to load,,,but this happened only every 10-15 miniutes,,i got full speed untill the freeze....so i though maybe if i upgrade to the 2 meg package it might work,,,(unfreeze web pages) etc
in the meantime whilst the line was getting upgraded i SOLD my mobile phone ,,i had a nokia 7650 with bluetooth dongle to upload all my nokia software to the phone,,,,anyways i sold the bluetooth dongle with the phone and uninstalled the software,,,,,

then plusnet emailed me saying 2meg package is up and running>>>go enjoy Cheesy,,,i did with out the http freeze... so i though wow its sorted,,,untill today when i plugged in my new usb bluetooth dongle with my new nokia 3650 phone,,,,omg http freeze owwwwww,,,i quickly though wow it must be the bluetooth ,,,doing something to the my network settings,,,,,i looked in the network setings and,,,wow something was there what wasnt before,,,BLUETOOTH LAN MODEM,,,ewwwwwwi uninstalled the bluetooth software to see if it works,,,and,,,hmmmmit looks like it has works,,,,,i am wondering if anyone else has had this HTTP FREEZE...and useing a bluetooth device.....PLEASE POST SOMETHING IS IT HAS HAPPENED TO YOU LOT
3 REPLIES
N/A

Yes, I have regulary received system freeze when our Turst BT120 dongle is plugged in.

The mouse will move, it will let you work with the programs and double click.

However, the start bar is frozen (none of the mouse over effects show) and none of the programs actualy launch for a few mins.

I have seen the same issue once within the last two weeks after unplugging the dongle (the software is still installed).

I suspect the dongle is looking for all devices in range, and this is causing it. You may want to reduce the time it hunts, or disable automatic hunting.
N/A

cheers boss

i speak to soon,,,,

i am getting the freeze again....not the computer but ,,,the internet......anwyays ,,i still looking for the fault,,proberly a reformat again will cure it....

thanks for the post m8
chrisSmiley
N/A

cheers boss

i speak to soon,,,,

i am getting the freeze again....not the computer but ,,,the internet......anwyays ,,i still looking for the fault,,proberly a reformat again will cure it....

thanks for the post m8
chrisSmiley

SORTED UNISTALL ALL BLUETOOTH SOFTWARE AND IT WORKS NICE>>>>dam i gota make a new computer up just for bluetooth and my phone,,,,proberly put a few other thing on it to

cheers again Smiley