cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's official - BT are useless

N/A

It's official - BT are useless

Just spoke to Support and asked them to check the status of my activation, as per info from the Provisioning Department.

Info timed 12pm Today, Friday Lunchtime:

BT just confirmed that my exchange has no spare capacity and they therefore need to install more capacity, ie another rack or whatever.

This is obviously a popular exchange, so why the hell couldn't they figure this out 2 weeks ago when my order was confirmed and submitted to BT for activation. Very nice, they get to rack up interest with our money (BT that is, I hold no truck with Plus.Net).

Bloody useless, that's all I can say. Surely they know what capacity they have in each exchange. This demonstrates that they still have the fundamental flaw of poor management. No ownership of problems, too many call centres, and everyone always makes excuses to cover their own backs.

Well BT, I'm fed up with you, but unfortunately we have no choice, we are held to ransom. At least it's not as bad as what New York had to endure with NYNEX over the years. It took them months to get new phone lines installed if they ever managed to do it at all. It's time for a stinking letter to Ben Verwaayan I think.

It's all very weel dropping the wholesale price for ADSL, but what's th epoint if they employ monkeys instead of quality staff? I know that not all of them are like that, but over the years, getting dumped on by BT has not made me their No. 1 fan.

Come on BT, you're supposed to be a services company. That doesn't mean just employing 30,000 people in call centres to read off their screens, it means educating people about the processes involved in delivering a product and training them to make that process work better, not worse.

Question: Anyone ever phoned BT for something and been passed from pillar to post? We should have a competition to see who's been transferred the most times.

And as I shareholder, I am dumbfounded that they haven't thrown themselves at overhaul. De-merging O2 is not enough to restore the telecommunications industry to a vibrant and competitive industry.

I will now step down from my soapbox.

Simon
1 REPLY
N/A

RE: It's official - BT are useless

> Question: Anyone ever phoned BT for something and been passed from pillar to post? We should have a competition to see who's been transferred the most times.

lol i agree. BT need to get their act together. its all fair and well offering us this and that, but if their management is run by a group of robotic muppets, then what can we do.

--
The wise man mocks the mocked, The mocked man mocks the mocker.....