cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this what I can expect from now on

N/A

I've been a customer of Pnet for about 18 months and whilst on the 2mbps package i have always enjoyed speeds of up to 1800kbps even if the line was a little prone to disconnecting a few times when i first logged on. I could live with that, but since being upgraded to max dsl 12 days ago my disconnection problem seems to have stabilised but i can't get speeds of any more than 480kbps (Pnet speed test) and i feel cheated because i'm paying for 2mbps. Yet after the first few days of tests at one point i actually hit over 2500kbps and was quite hopefull that this would be a good sign for the future. Can someone from Plusnet please tell me wether these speeds are what i can expect from now on, because if so i'd rather you not bothered and gave me my original 2 mbps connection back. Sad Like many people on these forums i am at the end of my tether with this situation. CAN YOU HELP PLUSNET ?

[Moderator's note by Tom (tomspcs) : Edited the titel as using all caps can be hard to read and is deemed as shouting and rude on forums.]
3 REPLIES
Fixes: 115

Apparently once maxed you can't be unmaxed! Sad

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

Yes and no...

From BTs point of view, It is possible to go back to IPstream home from Max but:

1) There is a regrade fee payable
2) Plusnet do not currently offer such a move, whether they will do in future I don't know.

So technically it is possible so all I can suggest is you raise a question (ticket) and ask. I guess, the more people that ask to be moved back the more likely PN will offer such a service.
Fixes: 115

Thanks for clarifying that.

I am reasonably content at present with my connection. It does occasionally go under 1Mbps but is usually in the 2.5 to 3.5 range and even as high as 6.

My only gripe is with CS and the usage (bad) management.

I hope that gets sorted quick as I am not the only one suffering with this.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still