cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this right?

N/A

Is this right?

I emailed support yesterday saying my sych rate has been over 3.5mbps for over a week but my stable rate hasn't changed from 1.5mbps.

The reply says:

Dear Mr Plante,Your sync rate and stable rate are not related. Your stable rate wil update, if your line can accept the higher speeds.

An article on how msx dsl works can be found here: http://www.adslguide.org/newsarchive.asp?item=2699

Regards,

Does anybody have any input?

Thanks
Oliver
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Is this right?

Sounds like another case where the Bras profile has not been updated (i.e. BT have not sent PN an update due to your higher sync rates). I'm also surprised at the reply you got because CS should be aware of the bras update problem that many users have had.

You need to reply to the question asking for your problem to be investigated and passed to BT as your data rate should be nearer 3Megs than 1.5Megs.

I assume your 10 -> 12 day testing period has completed? If not you need to wait for that to complete before you can report any speed related problems.
N/A

Is this right?

I've been on max for over a month now. I used to sych at 5.5mbps. My stable rate was 4500kbps.

There was a problem with my local exchange and I synched at 2mbps for about a week.

Now my synch speed is climbing again, but my stable rate is staying the same.

I'll reply to the message and see if I can get them to look into it.

Thanks

Oliver
N/A

Is this right?

and while you're at it ask them to respond to my 3 posts with exactly the same complaint please, none of which have been answered Sad

I've been sync'ing at 3.168 Mbps for over 3 weeks now but my stable rate is stuck at 500 Kbps.