cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a problem at 'your end'??

N/A

Finally got everything to work OK (after problems to start with!) - and all was fine for a few days. Now I keep conking out every couple minutes .... Nothing has changed with my setup and everything is connected the same. What's up?? I was going to 'raise a ticket' and then saw the warning about a charge for £54 for self-installed ADSL?? Lordy!!!

(I have just CONKED OUT AGAIN - while typing this message .... shall have to reconnect. Hang on .... Error 734 PPP - yeah I KNOW - but I didn't do it!!)
6 REPLIES
N/A

Are you a Voyager 205 user also.....see my post for details....
N/A

Hi bobthegeek

Yes, I've read your message - and yes I have the voyager 105. It's been working find all week though - maybe it conked out twice, total all week. But now I can't get a connection to last for as long as it'll take me to type this message! Driving me NUTS! I have loads of work to do online (in the middle of a project) - and I got in ADSL specifically for this reason. I wonder if plusnet would allow us to use a dial-up number (for free!) if we asked nicely .... Smiley

I don't think it's heat, btw - as said, all was fine all week, when it must've been pretty hot - but it hasn't kept a connection from turn on this morning.
N/A

Call me old fashioned, but if you are paying for DSL, then DSL is what you should have.

Is it the 105 or the 205 unit you have, as my 205 hasnt really worked from day 1. I just havent had the time to contact Plus as I am also in the middle of a project!!!!

It sounds to me like either a line issue or your hardware with myself leaning towards the line, but if you try another dsl modem and that works fine then I would contact Plus about getting your unit replaced also. (if they supplied it).
N/A

I've got a 105 (been connected for 5 minutes ....)

No, I know if I pay for DSL that's what I should get - but I don't care what it is, at the moment - as long as I get to stay online!!!

Another project eh? Not OU are you?! Smiley
N/A

Nope....not OU....

I'm currently working on a SQL Server DB replication project between our offices in Glasgow and Manila.....

Although it looks as though I may be FORCED to fly out in the next couple of weeks!!!! Cheesy
N/A

Ah, well my project's on nuclear power!! Smiley

Enjoy your trip!

Connection been 'good' for the last couple hours, btw!