cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a choice for new BB signups to opt for BTIpstream

N/A

can a person joining Pnet for BB specify that they are only prepared to connected via BTIpstream?
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Are you talking specifically about opting out of LLU?

AFAIK, Plusnet either use IPStream (Not Datastream) or Tiscali LLU, and again as far as I know, you're initially provisioned on IPStream -
As a side note all new connections are provisioned on IPStream MAX with interleaving set on as default.

If it's LLU that you want to opt out of then here's the Link

You would then click on "Opt out of the 'Up to 8Mb' LLU upgrade programme"

Hope this helps,

Roger.
N/A

Thanks for that reply, perhaps I should explain more. I am posting this question for someone who is not with Pnet but is thinking of joining.

His exchange can do BT @ 8Mbt/s because he used to be connected via the BT BB product until his ISP switched him last month to Tiscali LLU and he has found out how unrelaiable Tiscalli LLU is. :shock:

He was hoping that since Pnet are now owned by BT they might have a preference for their own product for new customers? Wink

BTW clearly he cannot opt out of LLU if he is not a customer yet....
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

If your friend gets a MAC key from his ISP and migrates in to us then we will place an order to migrate him in and transfer him back to BT IPStream (specifically IPStream Max unless he chooses Business Premier then it will be IPStream Max Premium).

During the registration process there is also an opt-out of LLU option, should he want to opt out of LLU in the future but we are only provisioning customers on IPStream whether that's new activations or customers migrating in.
vof
Grafter

When I've assisted clients to sign up for PN in the recent past, there was the disguised opt-out from 8Mb Tiscali LLU check box (which PN recommended should *not* be used) somewhere on the sequence of forms, and which I was always careful to select.

I did another signup this afternoon and did not see the offer of the opt-out anywhere on the forms. Has it been removed? Is that due to PN (BT) now not planning any more 'upgrades' from BT to Tiscali LLU?

If this is the case, why is the 8Mb LLU opt-out page still active? And if it is not the case, would I be safer to go to the opt-out page and invoke it anyway?

vof