cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is speed down ???

N/A

Is speed down ???

For the past few weeks I have expeienced acceptable download speeds (57-60KB/s), tonight this is an example of what I am getting:
Downstream 211 Kbps (26.4 KB/sec) 242 Kbps (inc. overheads)
Upstream 17 Kbps (2.1 KB/sec) 19 Kbps (inc. overheads)
Above shows that it is less than half of what I normally get.

If support would care to pass comment, I would appreciate that. I do not feel that it is worth raising a ticket for this as waiting for a reply by this method is almost a waste of time(so I have found in the past, plus reading the woes of others using this method of cantacting support).

Thank you in advance for any constructive / informative comment.
Rog
--
5 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Is speed down ???

Hi there. Just tested my up and download speeds. Download is varying between 420 and 470. Upload today is, to put it bluntly, sh**e. Yesterday it was fine. Download speed has been OK since the new fatpipe was installed, but upload speed has been all over the place. I have no idea why this is so as I don't pretend to be an expert, but I hope this is of some help to you.
Regards John Taylor

N/A

It was possibly a temporary glitch somewhere it would seem, at 03.35 things seem back to normal:

Downstream 467 Kbps (58.4 KB/sec) 537 Kbps (inc. overheads)
Upstream 244 Kbps (30.5 KB/sec) 280 Kbps (inc. overheads)

Section 3: Download Speed Results
Three downloads are tested; one from one of your ISPs servers, one through your Transparent Cache and one through an alterntive cache. This will give you an idea of how capable your connection is. Note: You should take the highest download speed into account.

Telewest blueyonder - 512k service Server Download:
61KB/s (488Kb/s) - Perfect - running at full speed!

Download through Transparent Cache:
61KB/s (488Kb/s) - Perfect - running at full speed!

Download through alternative Cache (webcache.bt.net):
64KB/s (512Kb/s) - Perfect - running at full speed!
Thanks,
Rog
--
N/A

My connection goes like this everyday for a number of hours. peak times Smiley
N/A

You should be grateful you get that i have just signed up and i have been suffering from speeds between 44k to 175k (thats transfer not download!) for the past week or so neither tech support or BT have been any help. Its looking like time to bail.
N/A

I get this as well good download and bad upload 31Kbps).

Have monitored it for the last 2 weeks and it occurs at peak times, see my other posts regarding this
in the forum.

Ali