I upgraded just over 10 days to adslmax with plusnet. I did not notice much speed and found my BRAS profile to only be on 2000kb with plus net. After about day 3/4 I managed to get plusnet to turn my Bras up to 8000kb. And was told to reboot router. I then got a sync speed of about 3654kbps and has stayed there roughly ever since. I must admit in the first 3 days i forgot to keep my router on all the time. Anyway i managed to get on BT speedtester tonight and these are my results :roll:
Test1 comprises of Best Effort Test:
IP profile for your line is - 3000 kbps
DSL connection rate: 448 kbps(UP-STREAM) 3616 kbps(DOWN-STREAM)
Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 2725 kbps
your line speed is always going to be higher than the actual speed you are connected at my line speed fluctuate's betwen 5000 and 6400 but my IP profile is on 4000 and I get nice steady speeds of 3700.