cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it worth a tenner a month???? (512k - 1MB Up(re)Grade.)

N/A

Hi all,

Sorry if this has been covered in someone else's posting in the past ........but
I waded through several pages of postings on this forum but they all seemed to relate to how to arrange it, how much it cost and how long plus_net and/or BT took to set it up.
I'd just like a home user's opinion - is it worth the extra tenner a month or not :!:
Or should I hold out in the hope of monthly charges coming down (said the Scotsman Cheesy )

cheers
Bill
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran

That really depends on your usage, and everyones requirements are different.

If you download a lot of files or are part of a p2p or filesharing network or watch lots of broardband content then the extra speed can help. If you are just a normal surfer using the connection at evening and weekends and don't download loads of software or files then it probably won't be worth the extra expense.

How often do you download large files?

Has this really caused you any problems in terms of time?

You have to assess you needs to decide if the extra cost is a benefit in your internet usage or not.

The ADSL charges are pretty much rock bottom at the moment and the likelyhood of any further price reductions on BT's wholesale charges are very limited.
N/A

if you want downloads at 120k/sec then yes

otherwise no
N/A

Thanks for the advice, as an occasional file sharer with time not an issue and only occasional online gamer I'm fairly content with my exisiting speed, for now anyway. I'll wait and see what new products come along.
cheers
Bill