cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it just me ?

N/A

Is it just me ?

..or did everyone else have problems getting connected ??

Here's my week so far..

Monday

New modem can't sync with line - phone support Monday night, they promise to pass to BT who will "check the line in the morning" and phone me back.

Tuesday

Phone to see what's happened on Tuesday lunch-time - support have no record of previous night's call (great) but promise to pass on to BT - 24 hours response quoted.

Wednesday

Use "contact us" to see what is happening - passed to BT (hurrah!) - 48 hour response quoted

Thursday

Phone to see what's happening - nothing. 72 hour response quoted

Friday

Phone to see what's happening - nothing. Will pass on to relevant department. (good, would have hoped that might have happened already..)

So - given its now Friday 5.45pm and I'm damn sure nothing will happen over the weekend all I will have accomplised this week is running up a phone bill sitting on hold trying to get through to the support team.

Not a good start to my ADSL life...

3 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Is it just me ?

Hang in there m8. I waited almost a month to get my adsl connection, due to BT's usual knack of f***ing things up. +net weren't to blame. It's well worth the wait.
N/A

> ..or did everyone else have problems getting connected ??
>
> Here's my week so far..
>
> Monday
>
> New modem can't sync with line - phone support Monday night, they promise to pass to BT who will "check the line in the morning" and phone me back.
>
> Tuesday
>
> Phone to see what's happened on Tuesday lunch-time - support have no record of previous night's call (great) but promise to pass on to BT - 24 hours response quoted.
>
> Wednesday
>
> Use "contact us" to see what is happening - passed to BT (hurrah!) - 48 hour response quoted
>
> Thursday
>
> Phone to see what's happening - nothing. 72 hour response quoted
>
> Friday
>
> Phone to see what's happening - nothing. Will pass on to relevant department. (good, would have hoped that might have happened already..)
>
> So - given its now Friday 5.45pm and I'm damn sure nothing will happen over the weekend all I will have accomplised this week is running up a phone bill sitting on hold trying to get through to the support team.
>
> Not a good start to my ADSL life...
>
>
>
>

I find the best number to call when things go wrong is 08707051000 - I'm not sure when I last had to wait rather than get straight through...

N/A

i was 'activated' on 14.5.02
having gone through the fault escalation process, which was handled OK by PlusNet i had a BT engineer here today to double check my 'enabled' line - i was at work so someone else had the pleasure.
The line was fine for his kit so i was ready to throw mine in the bin when i got home.
i had a last go just in case, and it worked first time with no reconfiguration...
a strange coincidence indeed.