cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it actually worth it ???

N/A

I have just had a look at the business section of PN's site.
I am half in mind of changing my package from premier to a business package on a 10:1 contention as apposed to the 30:1 I am getting at present.
This is only because I am always being told that the lack of speed is due to contention, surely this change would help solve at least 2 thirds of it, or wont it?
One thing I cannot get my head around is that BT offer either 50:1 or 20:1 contention depending on whether your going for a residential or business package. So how can PN offer 30:1 and 10:1 unless it is within their own network.
Or do PN really have the ability to alter your contention as much as this?

Anyway, let me know your thoughts on whether it is or is not worth going for this business package on a 10:1 contention.
5 REPLIES
N/A

It would still be contended 20:1 at the exchange, just like your premier account is still contended 50:1 at the exchange now.
LiamM
Grafter

Actually, some of the business products are 50:1 at the exchange too. Small Business and Teleworker are both 50:1. Only the expensive 'Business' product is 20:1.
N/A

So how can PN offer a contention of 10:1 and 30:1?
If your connection is still contended to 50:1 and 20:1 respectively surely PN have an obligation to tell you this as apposed to claim your being contended at 30:1 and 10:1 respectively?
LiamM
Grafter

It's Plusnet network contention. Where contention is not an issue at the exchange, then you're guaranteed 10:1 within Plusnet's network. Unfortunately if there is contention issues at the exchange there is little you, or they, can do.
N/A

So wouldnt it surely be in PN's best interests to highlight and outline this clearly so that people do not get the wrong impression?