cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is downloading uncapped on BB plus £21.99 from 12-6am?

N/A

I was using torrent just to check if it is uncapped and i wasnt getting any speed over 10kB/s which is very annoying as i was sure that at that time it was uncapped and could download at the max 2mb/s.

Is this right? or do you only get full 2mb/s for P2P on premier?

thanks
7 REPLIES
N/A

.Torrent files/transfers are dependant on how many peple are seeking & leeching..maybe a firewall routing issue can slow the system rite down if
i remember.

You'll generally find that a fair few of them torrents won't offer you fast downloads at your peak adsl speed. Evil
N/A

Yeah thats true but the torrents i tried were all "healthy" ones with loads of people downloading them. each one i tried was capped.
is there a cap on the BB plus service 24/7?
N/A

Yes.

BB plus for p2p is capped at 20k/s during the day and in the evening cap rises to something like 30k/s, i wouldnt recommened BB plus even for those who want to use p2p overnight for downloading.
N/A

see i thought it was tootally unrestricted between 12-6am. anyone know where i can find the terms?
Alecto
Grafter

this page describes it.

Nowhere does it mention times, just "busy periods" which could mean anything.

In my view, it underplays the limitations that will be put on P2P, but people have posted on here saying they're ecstatic with BB Plus, and do some P2P as well, so it's all down to what you expect, I suppose.
N/A

Yes i think that was their original intention with the bb+ package but legally they can do whatever they want i suppose, 30k/s for people on 2mb cons during the early hours of the morning does seem harsh and mean i have to say.

Raising the cap to 512k speeds would be more fair, i wouldnt mind 60k/s at night for p2p.
N/A

I'm in the process of migrating to BB Plus, and I for one, think it's a bargain of a package.